Stockton Beach drive

subalex

Stockton Beach drive

Post by subalex » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:15 pm

I'll be in Anna Bay with the family next weekend (7-9 Oct) and plan to head onto the beach for a drive in my L-series along with some friends in their Prado. Anyone want to come along?
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Sideways Subaru

Post by Sideways Subaru » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:37 pm

I won't b able to make it sorry Alex-need to start those uni assessments due next week and find time to watch bathurst :D

Alex

subalex

Post by subalex » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:15 pm

No worries Alex (the number of Alex's on this forum is ridiculous isn't it).

I'm heading up with the new Nankangs and new rims finally fitted and guards trimmed. (Woohoo!). Feel a bit of an idiot dressing the car up with an anal retentive wash in, out and under including an underbody respray and liberal spraying of fish oil all before heading off Saturday avo for a few days camping and beach driving. Hold on a minute, this IS an obsession really isn't it. What the heck, I'm proud of the results and I'm buggered if I'm ruining all my work on this car by not preparing it first. :-) I'm looking forward to the trip up with the car loaded up to the gills with 3 kids and all the tents (2 huge ones for all my lot) plus tarps, chiller, baby stuff and beds, furniture, bikes... ay ay ayyy.

I thought if I'm going up I may as well see if anyone wants to join me. Go well in those assessments. Good to see you proiritising (oops, the father in me).
'91 Sportswagon - 3" lifted, 14" speedys, 27" Nankangs + lots of small details improved. Wouldn't mind some extra grunt from an EJ.

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:44 pm

Me neither Alex, would love to but the cars not up to a long (ish) haul like that. Going to a fish auction (yes pet fish Cichlids) and also NEED to watch Bathurst a bit to. Looks like I need to replace my front left KYB too, so hopefully will get around to that also.

Have a good tip and post some pics upon ur return. Also did u mention an underbody respray, do you mean fish oil all over underneath or underbody black stuff?

subalex

Post by subalex » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:12 am

Both. After doing the gentle massaging of the guards, post fitting of 27's, I felt I'd like to respray the joins and cut metal. I got some black body deadening spray, that also acts as a rust preventer, and when that dried I sprayed fish oil liberally... that was an interesting experience when the second can of it actually blew a seal and it sprayed up like a fountain after every time you used it and it ran all down my arm and puddled on the driveway... ever tried cleaning that stuff up?? Yuck.

Anyway, I've got the kids DVD's packed so the kids can watch those while I watch Bathurst in my mother's caravan. I've missed too many races and I'm not missing this one. :-)

Have a good weekend,

Alex

PS. Colin, I have some Monroe front shocks from my spare car you can offer me something for. They are in fine condition.

Return to “New South Wales and ACT”