Vote 4 for May 25 (Sun)
36%
Vote 4 for May 25 (Sun)
36%

Total votes: 11

GTlegs

Vote on best date for a cruize

Post by GTlegs » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Alright. Now that we have so many members its time for a cruise. The cruise will be 3-4 hours long, via Dandenongs/Kinglake. On paved roads only. May also have a sh*ttalk session at the end of it.

Please vote for most suitable date. It will be either Saturday or Sunday, starting around 11AM - thats morning, :p.

Vote 1 for May 17 (Sat)
Vote 2 for May 18 (Sun)
Vote 3 for May 24 (Sat)
Vote 4 for May 25 (Sun)
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu May 01, 2008 5:32 pm

Hey Roman,

I'd vote only thing is that none of those dates suit me - I'm 2nd week into 5 weeks of teaching rounds. I'm not sure where my next pay cheque is coming from and my rego is due at the end of the month. Talk about crap building up!

Just bad timing for me at the moment. Mid -late June would suit me better (but i'm only one face in the ever growing Vic crowd)

Good to see that someone has got the ball rolling on this one though.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Thu May 01, 2008 5:44 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Hey Roman,

I'd vote only thing is that none of those dates suit me - I'm 2nd week into 5 weeks of teaching rounds. I'm not sure where my next pay cheque is coming from and my rego is due at the end of the month. Talk about crap building up!

Just bad timing for me at the moment. Mid -late June would suit me better (but i'm only one face in the ever growing Vic crowd)

Good to see that someone has got the ball rolling on this one though.

Cheers

Bennie
Bear in mind that I have 3 more seats in my car - one of them is yours if you decide to come.
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

Busdriver

Post by Busdriver » Thu May 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Sorry Roman but these dates are no good for me either as the better half and I will Cruizin' on the Pacific Sun between Brizvegas and Cairns and back again on those days.
Good luck anyway and its great to see someone biting the bullet and having a go at organizing something in Vic .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Busdriver, 91 L Enduro Wagon, stock ,for now.
Lots of Ks,A/C, MP3 sometimes(if its not dark) singing steering wheel cover which I listen too when its dark.

Suby Newbie

Bratgeebah

cruise

Post by Bratgeebah » Thu May 01, 2008 6:12 pm

I have voted 25th. If it ends up on the other days I should still be able to to join in I'll just have to scram fairly early. June would also be an excellent option for me so long as it's not the long weekend-queens birthday.

Gee

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu May 01, 2008 6:15 pm

GTlegs wrote:Bear in mind that I have 3 more seats in my car - one of them is yours if you decide to come.
Hmmm... Never thought about going on a subi cruise without my subi... Is that dedication or just plain nuts? (then again, i did take her to wa with me for a subi cruise).

I might have to take you up on the offer of the seat (I call shotgun ;)), in which case any date should be good, i'll just have to work out how to get to you.

Cheers

Bennie

schultzie

Post by schultzie » Thu May 01, 2008 7:59 pm

i cant attend eithor of those dates, and ill be attending subee less if i do come as my subee is off the road atm... ill drive the shiny xr8 ute thought...

so i wont vote in the poll
L-series Ea82t, WAIC+BOV 1Bar, 15's, 5sp dr, WOLF3D V4+, =D

L-BJ

Post by L-BJ » Thu May 01, 2008 9:45 pm

Apologies, but at the mo i work all weekend (booze aint gonna sell itself.. or will it?) looking for a new job, and when that comes it most def aint going to be working sat & sun every week, so June should be better for me too.

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 pm

Keep the comments coming people. If we get enough preferring June, I will change the dates to mid June.

daveosubi

Post by daveosubi » Fri May 02, 2008 12:22 pm

Could we fit in a little soft roading?

As for dates im pretty easy, I'll keep an eye on what happening and probably meet up with the cruise in the dandenongs.

esray71

Post by esray71 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:35 am

i'd be very interested in a drive on a mix of gravel and sealed roads ;) i know of some through the dandenongs to mt donna buang? last weekend i went for a drive to Jamieson and camped along the river, had a great fire and BBQ. Then went down to Licola and camped near seaton in the bush. Next day didn't find the turn off to Mattlock and went back to Jamieson over Mt Skean, drove through snow and on very slippery roads, almost lost control a few times as i was on road tyres. i have some great pics i'll post soon.

esray71

Post by esray71 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:50 am

I'd be very interested in a drive on a mix of gravel and sealed roads ;). Last weekend i went to Jamieson and camped along the river (30km south of Jamieson) had a great fire and bbq. The next day went to Licola and camped over night near Seaton in the bush. Next day wanted to head home via Mattlock but missed the turn off and headed back to Jamieson. On the way we had snow fall as we made our way over Mt Skene, almost lost control of ol' subie as i'm on road tyres and the roads were very slippery! It was a great trip even though i didn't have the heater working:( Brrrrrrrr....! Got some great pics i'll try to post soon

esray71

Post by esray71 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:55 am

are we able to organise a drive on a mix of grevel and sealed? will we have a few ppl interested? i have a few places of interest and i could bring a long my little bbq to cook some snags on( might be cold in the hills) these places are not far away and good for a day out.

batesy

Post by batesy » Sat May 03, 2008 2:25 pm

how did you go over mt skene? easy? thinkin about doin it soon...

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Sat May 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Sorry, it will be an 'on-road' cruise only. Not everyone has 4wd in Vic, and also it will be a nice relaxed cruise where everybody gets to know each other.

I was thinking of having a BBQ a few months later in some public park (eg Jells, Studley, etc), when everyone knows everyone else.

Also, judging by some responses I got, I am now thinking mid June too.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat May 03, 2008 3:15 pm

GTlegs wrote:Not everyone has 4wd in Vic
Roman, you know where centre rd wreckers and pick a part joints are... I can give you a hand when you get all the bits

nudge nudge ;) ;)

Cheers

Bennie

esray71

Post by esray71 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:38 pm

batesy wrote:how did you go over mt skene? easy? thinkin about doin it soon...
If you have 4wd and good off road tyres it will be no worries! i had road tyres and it was very slippery going over MT Skene to Jamieson, just have to take it easy. Get a good map! and you can find lots of tracks. i went through Matlock , woodspoint, Jamieson, Licola, Heyfield, Seaton, Jamieson.....going to Jamieson on the last day was a mistake coz we missed the turn off to Matlock....but we aren't complaining coz we ended up in a snow blizzard so that was a bit of fun! :) There are good Maps for those areas, some m/bike shops have then for dirt bike riders!

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Sat May 03, 2008 10:59 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Roman, you know where centre rd wreckers and pick a part joints are... I can give you a hand when you get all the bits

nudge nudge ;) ;)

Cheers

Bennie

He, he. Maybe next Easter. Speaking about that, I was there today. See the wreckers thread.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 04, 2008 2:13 pm

GTlegs wrote:He, he. Maybe next Easter. Speaking about that, I was there today. See the wreckers thread.
already been to that thread ;) Glad we can rely on you for updates... Now i'm really having withdrawls.

To keep on topic, yes, cuise mid june would be best ;)

Bennie

heath

Post by heath » Mon May 05, 2008 8:32 pm

there is nothing stoppin the guys and gals after the cruise to do a little of roading maybe if the trip is on a saturday we could finish the cruise near a camp site and if anyones interested to camp the night then try get a little muddy in the morn

Return to “Victoria”