hey guys my ej is running but need

heath

hey guys my ej is running but need

Post by heath » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 pm

got the engine running in the car tonight(its so nice) just gotta get the exhurst done. but i need efi l series shafts thats the only thing stoping it from going on the road. ok i mean bush. if anyone knows where some of these are please let me no. i need them for my baby to run and to give my wife her car back

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Try Subabits in Clayton. (03) 9558 5722 , Factory 4, 6 Graham Rd, CLAYTON SOUTH, VIC 3169. I went to this guy for parts when i did my conversion. He's done a brumby ej +awd conversion before and is also doing one to his own car at the moment, so i found him pretty helpfull.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Awesome!!!! Cant wait to see it!

fair enough... Only places I could suggest you is -
(Jolly's and Centre Road wouldnt have it)

Pick-a-Part in Kilsyth - I have no idea what is there...
EKW In east Keilor - ask for Michael or Lou.. or.. SubaBits in Clayton - ask for Brian, Same with Subaru Parts in Highett - ask for Brett.. I am sure they will have them above.

Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Venom wrote:Try Subabits in Clayton. (03) 9558 5722 , Factory 4, 6 Graham Rd, CLAYTON SOUTH, VIC 3169. I went to this guy for parts when i did my conversion. He's done a brumby ej +awd conversion before and is also doing one to his own car at the moment, so i found him pretty helpfull.
Agreed!... I just saw him today was working on Brumby at the moment... He was complaining that he has load of cars behind him that needs to be done... (I think Brain is using EJ25 with AWD in his?)
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:53 pm

heath wrote:got the engine running in the car tonight(its so nice) just gotta get the exhurst done. but i need efi l series shafts thats the only thing stoping it from going on the road. ok i mean bush. if anyone knows where some of these are please let me no. i need them for my baby to run and to give my wife her car back
Actually.... cant you use EJ gearbox end caps/shaft and modify it to fit on your MY shafts? Just a thought.. i dunno if it would work or not.... Jolly Rogers has heaps of them there.... But not from L series. Its all on Liberty (some of them are easy access).
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

heath

Post by heath » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:23 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:Actually.... cant you use EJ gearbox end caps/shaft and modify it to fit on your MY shafts? Just a thought.. i dunno if it would work or not.... Jolly Rogers has heaps of them there.... But not from L series. Its all on Liberty (some of them are easy access).
Cheers
AP
i tryed that when i went to jollys the lib ones wont fit onto the shaft

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:48 pm

G'day Heath,

Thats awesome news mate! And super quick too, I reckon that's right up there with the WA boys conversions - and they've done a few to date!

Hope you find those cups soon. Then head on up here end of september :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

heath

Post by heath » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:22 pm

just a quick update got the cvs today from subibits thanks for that guys. it gets the new exhust tommorrow and tail shaft goes in on saturday so it will be finished and on the road on saturday.

heath

Post by heath » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:49 pm

just another update everything is now done on my car except for rear tail shaft witch will be done tommorrow. it sounds so nice to

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:44 pm

awesome....awesome.....is that normal exhaust or what? does it have a cat or no cat at all? great that Brain helped you with CVs. You gonna do the tailshaft yourself with Mick or get pros done?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

heath

Post by heath » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:01 am

briain said that he uses the l series twin tail shaft then uses a 20 mil spacer just welds the bracket for the centre of the tail shaft in. and the exhuast dosen have a cat its a 2 an a quater inch with 2 hotdogs in it it sounds very nice. should be driveing by lunch time today

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:50 am

Nice nice.. any chance to see pictures of the work progress?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:31 pm

heath wrote:should be driveing by lunch time today
Heath, I don't know what time lunch is at your joint, its 2:30 and after lunch here... Is she running yet? And if so why don't we have any video?!

Well done mate you must be proud. I can't wait for an EJ - had a dream about it the other night... Think I've got problems :???:

Cheers

Bennie

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:31 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Heath, I don't know what time lunch is at your joint, its 2:30 and after lunch here... Is she running yet? And if so why don't we have any video?!

Well done mate you must be proud. I can't wait for an EJ - had a dream about it the other night... Think I've got problems :???:

Cheers

Bennie
Dunno about him.. but would love to hear about it...

Bennie - nah its normal.. I had a dream about L series sedan converting with EJ22, modified AWD gearbox and install 4" lift kit with 15" rims, and drove it thru deep water with me grinning.... and another night was a Brumby and made it into mind condition... lol.. am i nuts?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

heath

Post by heath » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:34 pm

sorry guys i cant find our cameras the mother in law cleaned up and cant find a thing. we finished it about 4 this arvo and just stoped thrashing her then. and the verdict is "WOW" it flys and sounds s#*t hot i love it so much when i find a camera ill post pics. other than that your welcome to come and look.

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:04 pm

heath wrote:sorry guys i cant find our cameras the mother in law cleaned up and cant find a thing. we finished it about 4 this arvo and just stoped thrashing her then. and the verdict is "WOW" it flys and sounds s#*t hot i love it so much when i find a camera ill post pics. other than that your welcome to come and look.
Great!! thats good that you guys are happy yeah its a big difference eh... feels like you should've done that project long time ago!

Dont u hate it when someone else cleans up for ya and cant find a thing! thats my common complaint with my fiance when she does that and I cant find a thing!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:31 pm

El_Freddo wrote: I can't wait for an EJ - had a dream about it the other night... Think I've got problems :???:

Cheers

Bennie
Now calm down Bennie, deep breaths now...
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:57 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:Dunno about him.. but would love to hear about it...
Basically I went over to Heath's joint - it was a bush block with a small shed with Heath and Mick doing the conversion outside! It looked pretty neat and I was glad to find that his car was almost done cos mine was next :twisted: That's right heath, I'm dreaming about you... I must be sick :oops:
AlpineRaven wrote:Bennie - nah its normal.. I had a dream about L series sedan converting with EJ22, modified AWD gearbox and install 4" lift kit with 15" rims, and drove it thru deep water with me grinning.... and another night was a Brumby and made it into mind condition... lol.. am i nuts?
We're all here 99% of the time talking subi's arn't we?!
heath wrote:and the verdict is "WOW" it flys and sounds s#*t hot i love it so much when i find a camera ill post pics. other than that your welcome to come and look.
Soooo JEALOUS!!! That's all I have to say on the topic!
GTlegs wrote:Now calm down Bennie, deep breaths now...
I'm trying mate but everything is spinning and I may be hyperventilating now :p

Heath, in reply to your PM - the EJ centre diff can't be swapped with the L's unit as the L's unit is not a centre diff - its a set of engaging dog gears for the rear end to couple to the front end.
To do that you need to get the rare L AWD gearbox, remove all the internals from the L box and put them in the EJ casing. The L AWD gearbox has a LOCKABLE CENTRE DIFF - I think this is ultimately what you're after, it doesn't have a centre LSD, its just an open diff when its not locked.

Hope that helps you out.

Cheers

Bennie

heath

Post by heath » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:35 pm

would a wrx lsd work in it. even on the road at the moment because im giving it abit cause its new. i get decent wheel spin so dont think it will do what i need in the bush. but ill keep toyin with ideas. will just have to take bigger run ups in the bush for now......

and if anyone sees a 2 door m.y. for sale in there travels let me no mick wants one to go wild with

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:40 pm

The WRX centre LSD should drop straight in place. The STi version will be stronger again. Good luck finding one at a good price though!

Mick wants a coupe now?! I think he's on par with my Gf with changing minds :p

Bennie

Return to “Victoria”