Omeo mid/late Sept 4wd weekend

El_Freddo
Master Member

Omeo mid/late Sept 4wd weekend

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:05 pm

G'day vicco's

Anyone keen on a long weekend in the Omeo area? I know of a few good tracks and hope to have a few more by mid/late september.

This is going to be frustrating as I don't have any dates in mind, just that it would be in mid-late september one weekend when I've got some time off from the snow stuff...

There are some tracks that WILL require lift and good ground clearance. I know of two that I'd have on the agenda that require lift. Richard, your MY would clear the stuff easy with the larger profile tyres. My L did it with stock tyres and 3 inch lift without a problem.

Camp out would be the go, I know of one good location that would get very cold by morning :D

Other than that I'm open to suggestions as well.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:23 pm

6 and a half hours from the Rat :???: I notice it is nice and close to Hotham ;) I get my wisdom teeth out on the 17 Sept, so that weekend i am a no. Also will be in the middle of the hectic field work component for my Honours... but sure i'm in :-D I might make a week of it and make a visit to family in Orbost afterwards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BillycanMitch

Post by BillycanMitch » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:21 pm

I know some great spots up that way. and some even better fishing spots. but I think i will be in QLD with work then. I will be watching this spot anyway.

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:26 pm

Pending lift kit I should be in. I will likely be up there at that time anyway as we usually head up to the Mitta to go paddling around then...
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 pm

No worries. AFL weekend I'm out. I'll sort out a date during the week as I'll need to organise some time and hopefully have Ruby Scoo sorted when some parts arrive - I can't wait!

Cheers

Bennie

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Any update on this trip El_freddo.

The only free time I will have is wed 22nd to fri 24th of sept if a midweek trips becomes an option?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2006 Forester, AT tyres, Bash plate.
Suspension lift.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm all out for weekends... Might have to talk to the boss to see if I can get this sorted for those dates as they would work out well for me too IF I can get those dates off...

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:29 am

Ok, so after posting that last thread my boss told me today that there's not a lot of work going around so I'm up for some offroading next week :D

Richards dates sound good to me. Meet up in Omeo around 3pm. Best route would be via bairnsdale and up along the river - a beautiful drive!

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:20 pm

I've got two campsites in mind - one which *might* change if my mate up here has a better one.

The one I'm keen on is at the Angler's Rest campground, just 200m from the Blue Duck Inn which would be good for a feed I reckon.

Other than that we'll have a good day and a bit of 4wd'n around the traps having a poke around...

Please let me know who's in as I'd be keen to know numbers before we head off ;) I hope you can still make it Richard - please bring me a spare 27 inch tyre for a 14 inch rim :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:46 am

Hey El_freddo just need you to confirm dates is it the wed 22nd to fri 24th of sept?

Just that on the offroadingsubarus.com forum you posted dates as 15th to 17th of September 2010 ?

As for the spare 27inch tyre not so sure but will have a look around! :???:
Suspension lift.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 pm

subaruby wrote:Hey El_freddo just need you to confirm dates is it the wed 22nd to fri 24th of sept?

As for the spare 27inch tyre not so sure but will have a look around! :???:
Those dates are correct. Offroadingsubarus.com thread ammended :???:

I'm only pulling your leg about the spare. I really hope I don't get a flat this time around. If you could russle up a cheap second hand one that would be super brilliant - I'd even leave the 23's behind for our trip to lighten the load...

Looking forward to it. Should be all work mon/tues/wed morning then play for the rest of the week :twisted:

Got any other takers?

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Any other takers?

Richard, bring a fishing rod too. I'm super keen for some fishing at some stage! I've not been out yet but hopefully tomorrow I will be. I'll send you a text ;)

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Went fishing - then swimming for a lure that I wasn't keen to part with because of a stick - now a few drinks under like a good fisherman should be ;)

Cheers

Bennie

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Definetly in and like the idea of a bit of fishing, although I'm not much of a fisherman.

Sounding like it will be a good trip, 4wding, fishing, photography, checking out some old mining sites.:)

Any other takers?
Suspension lift.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:49 am

Ok, so game plan as it stands at the moment:

1st night camp out at the Angler's Rest on the Mitta Mitta Omeo rd/hwy. A great road to drive once into the forest area, beware of the corners - some are sharper than they appear. You'll see the blue duck inn then cross a bridge, the camp ground is on the right hand side after the bridge, park up here for the night.

I'm not sure what time I'll be there, probabily around 5-6ish I reckon, got a staff party to attend. We can either cook on a fire or eat out at the blue duck inn (which I'm really keen on doing).

Thursday will be a full on day of cruising around the different areas I've been to so far. First up will be the mining site if we don't find anything of interest en route. After this we'll head up to the hotham airport to our next campsite. Would like to get there a bit early to setup camp, get a fire going and do some fishing!

Friday will most likely be a relaxed day, take our time to pack up and get out of there. I need to be back at hotham at about 11am. I'm keen to convoy back home if you want to Richard - you can pass through the resort without paying so long as you don't stop. I've got to pick up a couple of passengers and a bag of gear for each of them - I'll have them pre-arranged to go. We'll sort out details of this later if you want to do this.

Any q's?

Cheers

Bennie

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:21 am

hey guys, won't be able to join you on this one - no lift and a bit of work to do over the holidays. I'll be up there from friday night though camping at angler's rest if you are still in the area!

Have a great time!

Owen.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 am

ScubyRoo wrote:hey guys, won't be able to join you on this one - no lift and a bit of work to do over the holidays. I'll be up there from friday night though camping at angler's rest if you are still in the area!

Have a great time!
Will do mate. Don't think we'll be able to catch you as we'll be out of that area on Friday I'd imagine - unless you rock up really early and we're there really late!

Looking forward to it - there's a buzz in the air as the staff party is about to kick off. Would like to get toasted but have to behave if I'm going to see this thing off tonight. Can't wait to camp out. Kez is coming too so that should be interesting as she's not a 4wder...

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Good time had. Pics later. Thanks again Richard, a good time out as usual - but no flat tyres this time :twisted:

Cheers

Bennie

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:06 pm

maybe a photo of my mythical bullbar is to surface?.....

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:38 pm

ScubyRoo wrote:maybe a photo of my mythical bullbar is to surface?.....
Want to see/permanantly borrow/steal :-D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Victoria”