Next trip - Queens Birthday weekend?

Venom
General Member

Next trip - Queens Birthday weekend?

Post by Venom » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:14 pm

1 good reason to be part of a Monarchy = public holidays courtesy of a royal birthday. Good enough for me.

I propose a 4WD trip in celebration, Sat (early) 11 June to Mon (lateish) 13 June. Preferabley something 3-4 hours from Melb, some gnarly tracks would be good. I intend to have dual range + rear LSD by then and would like to push the H6 hard enough to need it :)

Any interested in the possibility of organising a family/spouse friendly event? Just a thought, and maybe way too much hassle to be worth it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:26 pm

I'll nominate Mount Cole State Forrest/Mount Buangor State Park. Good camping (2 big, free camp grounds + many smaller ones), lots of trails (some are crazy), there are walks ranging from 45 mins to 4 hours, and i am somewhat familiar with the area. It's 3 hours 15 min from Frankston, 2 hours 30 mins from Geelong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:29 pm

June? That is way to far away! I think we need a day trip somewhere first, maybe in april as I still have some work to finish and March is a write off for me. Maybe somewhere out warbuton way and go in search of mud? :twisted:

But yes, count me in for Q'birthday.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Will have to see about the Q'birthday weekend - but it'll probably be a miss for me (my first ever :() as that weekend is the opening of the snow season!

Will post again later, gotta go!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Only planning this far ahead because it will probably be my first chance for a trip after getting my licence back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Would love to come but unfortunately have to work the Queens birthday weekend. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2006 Forester, AT tyres, Bash plate.
Suspension lift.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm keen for an outing but I reckon it'd be in the high country for me as I can't afford the required time off to travel that far.

Later in the snow season I'll sort out another trip similar to what Subaruby and I did - I'm keen to have a go at that massive hill climb again on a warm day to see what the cooling system can handle!

Cheers

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Wed May 25, 2011 2:40 pm

So, I've nearly served my penance for speeding and I am keen for a celebratory cruise/trip/couple of cold ones. Anytime, anywhere i don't really care it will just be good to catch up.

I'll suggest Queens birthday again, but whenever people are avail (looking at subaruby). I'll suggest the where as something around El Freddo's alpine location, since he's been getting about out there and can show us around ;) Plus the last snow trip was a bit pedestrian to say the least.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed May 25, 2011 2:47 pm

QBW will be out. The weekend after I might be able to squeeze in a day out - I'll be home that weekend :D Hope subaruby's got that weekend off!

Cheers

Bennie

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Thu May 26, 2011 9:14 pm

yep working the qeens birthday weekend but have the following weekend off.

Still working on rust repairs so I have no rear windscreen but i can have it back in by then.
Suspension lift.

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Thu May 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Ok cool the weekend after queens birthday sounds good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Thu May 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Might not be able to make it to this one... Need to confirm what will be happening at work after the long weekend.

Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri May 27, 2011 11:45 am

So where to? I've just got my mum's 60th to attend saturday night, that's my only real issue!

Cheers

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri May 27, 2011 3:27 pm

How about something around Benders? Spend a few hours at the 4WD park while we're in the area. Hopefully not get bogged on the way out ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

subaruby

Post by subaruby » Tue May 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Are there any other takers for this trip.

I'm keen.:D

Would it be a day trip on the Sunday or are you keen to camp the Sat night?
Suspension lift.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:39 am

Venom wrote:How about something around Benders? Spend a few hours at the 4WD park while we're in the area. Hopefully not get bogged on the way out ;)
Hmmm... This wouldn't be a dig at me would it??
subaruby wrote:Are there any other takers for this trip.

I'm keen.:D

Would it be a day trip on the Sunday or are you keen to camp the Sat night?
I'm keen too. I'll hopefully be welding ruby scoo up - seems that I've damaged a plate that is part of the radius rod mount plate area... I think I know how/when I did it - the last time we were out we did a little rally section between 4wd'n sections, it was freshly graded and not really flat in areas, on a down hill slope at a speed I wasn't happy with I was under brakes when I got the front end airborne. I don't know what happened with the rear but the front landed heavy and the feeling that came through the floor wasn't nice. I took it easy after this but found the damage last week when I swapped the front shafts. Not good but glad I found it before we headed off again - I'm sure this weekend would have been an offroading trip rather than one home again. Might get my brakes done as well.

I don't know what's going on with mum's party, but I've got the weekend off. If the party is a goer I won't be there saturday night but if it's not a goer I'll be there saturday night to camp :D

Let me know where we're headed!

Cheers

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:13 am

I wouldn't mind camping on the saturday night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScubyRoo

Post by ScubyRoo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:14 am

Rhys, if you want to go out QBW, my mrs and I are going to Albury to pick up her new white water kayak, then heading to Licola via Mansfield and over the Alps. There's a lot of good tracks between Mansfield and Licola and I would be happier if I had another vehicle with me...

I should also be free the following weekend, somewhere around Benders would be good.

Depending on where we go, my involvement might depend on whether or not the Sparky get's the 15A wiring done in the garage soon enough to get my new welder fired up :twisted:

Cheers,
Owen.
The Green Machine is up for sale :(. Lifted, bars, exhausts... View Gumtree ad

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Owen, if you're headed over the alps make sure you've got chains - they'll be cracking down on it over opening weekend!

I start my new job next friday - night management :twisted: To fill in time I've been working odd jobs with the same organisation :D

I won't be able to camp out saturday night - I've got my old chook's b'day party that night so will have to arrange a meet point on the sunday morning... Benders would suit me great, its almost on my way home to Hotham ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Venom
General Member

Post by Venom » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:49 am

ScubyRoo wrote:Rhys, if you want to go out QBW, my mrs and I are going to Albury to pick up her new white water kayak, then heading to Licola via Mansfield and over the Alps. There's a lot of good tracks between Mansfield and Licola and I would be happier if I had another vehicle with me...

I should also be free the following weekend, somewhere around Benders would be good.

Depending on where we go, my involvement might depend on whether or not the Sparky get's the 15A wiring done in the garage soon enough to get my new welder fired up :twisted:

Cheers,
Owen.
QBW sounds good Owen. Where will you be on what days?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Victoria”