Jan 5th 2013 Cruise

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:23 am

El_Freddo wrote:No worries. I'll probably be mid to late next week. I think this is going to go down to the wire :( Even if we can have a poke around the friday before hand that'd work well for me, one less trip down from Shepp :???:

Might as well call the meet point as Bolinda. Drop this into GoogleMaps-> -37.433363,144.746418. THIS IS THE MEET POINT.

Cheers

Bennie
Friday will possibly work for me, I get out of the truck on Fridays. Usually home in the morning, so let me know & I'll see if I can join ya for a look around.

Cheers

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 pm

El_Freddo wrote: Might as well call the meet point as Bolinda. Drop this into GoogleMaps-> -37.433363,144.746418. THIS IS THE MEET POINT.
So 1864 Melbourne-Lancefield Rd, cnr Mullalys Rd, Bolinda?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:48 pm

NachaLuva wrote:So 1864 Melbourne-Lancefield Rd, cnr Mullalys Rd, Bolinda?
Yep. From memory there's a clearing on the side of the road where they store gravel for road works - there's a CFA shed there too, so park clear of the driveway ;) We won't be there long anyway.

Regards

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Is this trip still happening? What time are we meeting?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:32 pm

NachaLuva wrote:Is this trip still happening? What time are we meeting?
Yes it is, pending news of a total fire ban. Hopefully that won't come through. Rodeo4Jake and I are doing a reckie tomorrow to ensure the tracks I want to use are open. If not I'll devise something else, even if it is just an interesting black top drive.

10am meet time ;)

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Total fire ban declared for Friday. See here:

http://news.cfa.vic.gov.au/news-in-brief/item/401-.html

Saturday is not a total fire ban at this stage, but let's keep an eye on it tomorrow.

Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:16 pm

pezimm wrote:Saturday is not a total fire ban at this stage, but let's keep an eye on it tomorrow.
Yeah I've just PM'd Rodeo4Jake to call off tomorrow's track scouting. Maybe I'll squeeze it in early morning before the event - we'll see!

Major update! I'm hoping the cool change comes through Friday night - otherwise I'm calling the event off even if it's not a TFB day. The reason for this is that it will be just too hot and too high a risk to have multiple cars in the bush for my liking.

If that is the case we'll move the event to Sunday or the following weekend - so keep your eye's peeled on here!

I'll update this thead late Friday night, so be sure to check this thread before you head off for the meet point ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Kustomchris

Post by Kustomchris » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Yeah with the heat and wind today id hate to be out driving in the bush during similar weather.
Weathers looking positive so far.. Fingers crossed for a cool little road trip tomorrow
http://www.willyweather.com.au/vic/lodd ... creek.html

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Ok, I'm confident to do this. Weather should be cooler with roughly 28C expected top tomorrow - which realistically means it'll be in the 30's. Fire danger is "High"; the lowest it's going to be for this period - See here under Saturday's declaration. This is good news! I'll also be carrying a ruck sack - it's a 20L back pack of water with one of those sprayer pump devices. I've also got my small on board fire extinguisher - not that I hope to be using either of these!

Meet point will remain the same; Time is the same at 10am.

Call me if any issues arise, or you're going to be late etc: zero four 2 won 1 ate for three to one ;) Please let me know who you are if you text me!

The track isn't a long one, I smashed it out tonight (sorry Jake!) in about 15-20 mins all in high range. With the group we'll obviously move slower but that's all good, there's no grass on the track :D It should still be an interesting trip with daylight about!
A stock lib should be able to manage easily - That's just an opinion, I've not had a stock liberty out there. Vegetation will rub along the side of your vehicle (if this will be an issue we can mud map another route for you ;))

What to bring:

- Lunch! Or we can head to the Mt Macedon Mountain Inn - my local drinking "hole" when I'm home. There are no bbq's at Sanatorium Lake area that I could see in the dark - there have never been any there before. I would recommend a cold lunch unless you've got one of those gucci 12V ovens!

- If you're a smoker: some sort of device/container to place your cigarette butts into; I'm sick of seeing people flicking them out the window, even in this crazy hot weather! But that's another issue.

- Deck chair device - could come in handy ;)

- CB radio, hand held will do. Channel 18 is a good one that comes from the top of my head tonight

- The usual refreshments and sun care stuff - it could be hot and it will be sunny at times

- Camera

- Stamina for chatting :twisted:

That should be about it.

Catch you at 10am!

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Great day out had! Thanks to those that made it. To those the unfortunately didn't make it, I'm sure there's going to be another day like this one.

Keep an eye out for the "cruise report". I didn't want to come home :(

Cheers

Bennie

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Looking forward to the report, jealous.

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Looking forward to the report. Jealous

Kustomchris

Post by Kustomchris » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Was a good day out.. Awesome little track and im still pretty surprised the rexy wagon made it though un scathed.
I better give my car a wash and see if this will come off no hassles

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:41 pm

It was a real good day out, thanks for making it happen. Can't wait to see some of the pics the others took.
Well have to arrange another one sooner rather than later.

Cheers Jake

Return to “Victoria”