March The 16th Blackwood & Surrounds Cruise

Rodeo4jake

March The 16th Blackwood & Surrounds Cruise

Post by Rodeo4jake » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:03 pm

G'day All
Well after the last day out, it was discussed that everyone would like to have another one. Is anyone still keen for that to happen, probably the third weekend in March.
If it looks like there will be some interest I will start working out a few suitable tracks for us to maybe tackle before finishing off at the Pig & Whistle in East Trentham in the arvo for the people that like a few beverages after a hard day on the tracks.:D

Cheers Jake

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm

I could possibly slip this one in - got dinner at the folk's place that night so I could kill two birds with one stone!

Just gotta run it past my better half - I know she doesn't like it when I leave her on her own at my pero's joint while I'm out having fun 4wd'n!

Count me in as a maybe yes at the moment ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm keen as usual...

Is that Labour day weekend?
Can we camp out somewhere overnight following the cold beverages?

Pedro.

GONE :( - Forester XT Auto - MY07 with all the goodies
Now occasionally driving a Ford barge...

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:23 pm

I think Labor Day is the week before that. I would consider camping out for sure. Shouldn't be too busy around there either since it's not the long weekend.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 am

I'd like to, have to see how things turn out...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm

If we were to camp I might be able to wangle the friday night pending location and ease of finding it as I'll most likely rock up after dark!

Saturday night is out for camping for me - got previous engagements to attend!

Cheers

Bennie

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Well, I'm happy to camp out on Friday night, maybe drive down to the Pig and Whistle as Jake's suggested for a feed and then spend the Saturday cruising.

But this is Rodeo4jake's trip, so he should make the final call.

Pedro.

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:07 pm

Yep sounds okay to me. The nicest place to camp is on the creek at the Bottom of Amblers lane. It's near O'briens Crossing but only accessible by 4wd. There's rarely anyone there.
Bennie I will provide you with very detailed directions so you can find it in the dark.

Cheers Jake

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Rodeo4jake wrote:Bennie I will provide you with very detailed directions so you can find it in the dark.
Sweet. Still yet to confirm if I'll be there the night before - I'm keen as mustard though!

I also wanted to say that with the recent rain we've just had - if it's been anything like we're currently experiencing up here it should be a good day out, even if it is still 3 weeks away. That area is great at holding moisture after a big soaking!

Cheers

Bennie

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:25 pm

I know, it could be very wet out there. Should be fun on my car tyres. Might have to cheat & bring a recovery vehicle just in case.
Here's a pic I took near where I wanna camp.
[ATTACH]4003[/ATTACH]

Looking forward to it
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361960699.508248.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361960699.508248.jpg (119.94 KiB) Viewed 3067 times

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Ah yeah I think I know where this place is. We cruised past on our last trip out there:

I'm sure this is the same place on Ambler's Lane, it's not really far from O'Brien's Crossing. This image is in the opposite direction to what you've got above I reckon.

Cheers

Bennie

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:56 pm

Won't be able to camp Friday night however I'm keen as. Would be good to see how the outback goes on something other than sand.

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:07 pm

That's good, will be cool to see your Outback in action. I will be hitting the tracks on the weekend to plan a bit of a route. So keep an eye on this thread & I will post a meeting point & time next week.
Cheers Jake

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Just realised I have a bucks party that same day. So shattered. Anything planned for Anzac weekend?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] H6 outback 5 speed D/R

bcoutback

Post by bcoutback » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:46 pm

dang. busy that weekend.
Proudly representing the stock Subarus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP 2008 Outback. Hello Forester XT :D

Kustomchris

Post by Kustomchris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 am

Im keen but i need to replace one of my tires on the stock rims, very very tempted to get some offroad tires fitted too

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 am

Okay, Dusty the Kelpie & I went out on Friday arvo to check out the camping area & a few tracks.
[ATTACH]4021[/ATTACH]
After clearing a fallen tree that was blocking access to the camping area we got attacked by a Rhodesian Ridgeback that had arrived to camp for the long weekend. Don't worry Dusty is fine, but the Ridgeback was headed to get its lip stitched back on, & we quickly vacated the area.
Found some great tracks to explore,& retired to the bar at The Pig & Whistle after all the drama.
For people coming on Friday night to camp, I will be out there from around 5 o'clock onwards. The camp will be on Amblers Lane on the Lerderderg river. It's a nice spot with a fire pit & hot plate provided. Depending on the night I might have the fire going to cook a few snags for tea. [ATTACH]4022[/ATTACH]
This map has all the detail you need to find your way to the camp site.
Otherwise the most direct way in is to head from Greendale towards Blackwood, turn right at Obrien's rd, look for Amblers lane on your left & follow this down to the river. This track is steep & rocky in spots, but caused no problems for a stock Brumby on 13 inch car tyres.
The other way to drive to this spot is From Tylden to the north. Head through the town of Tylden towards Trentham, at the western edge of town turn left at James lane. You basically stay on this road till you see Amblers lane on your right. You will pass the Pig & Whistle at a cross road & keep going around a few bends, after the bends look for Amblers lane. This road turns to gravel for a couple of kms before you arrive at a cross road. In front of you Amblers lane becomes a 4wd track with an open seasonal gate on it. Around halfway down to the river there is a fork in the track where you need to stay to the left. After this just follow the track till you find the river. This is the easiest way in,in terms of off roading.
I will have a light or fire going for late arrivals.
The rough plan for Saturday is to have bacon & egg sandwiches at camp for breakfast. People that are confident enough to find us at the river can do that. We will leave camp by 9:30 & head for Blackwood. We will wait here till 10 o'clock or so,in front of the Pub. Then we will head off to check out some tracks, before arriving at the Pig & Whistle for lunch & refreshments. Here we will decide if we want to have a few beers or drive a few more tracks for the rest of the afternoon.
No tracks will be overly difficult & there will be plenty of help & advice if you need it. Hope you can make it for a good day out.

Cheers Jake
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362958843.407132.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362958843.407132.jpg (20.6 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362957795.599690.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362957795.599690.jpg (124.5 KiB) Viewed 2974 times

pezimm

Post by pezimm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm locked in!

See you on Friday arvo at the camp-site, Jake! I should leave work by 4pm, so hope to make it there around 6pm.

Looking forward to this!
Pedro.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm in! ETA: dunno. But I'll be there.

I hope we come across some "interesting" tracks even if it's just to have a poke at it - I've now got the muddies on and I'm keen to test them out again - it's almost been two years since I've had them out!

Really looking forward to this! Ruby Scoo is still packed up from the long weekend, just got a few things to add and I'm sorted. I've also got a bag of wood too ;)

Cheers

Bennie

Rodeo4jake

Post by Rodeo4jake » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Good to hear I will have a couple of willing participants. I've invited my older Brother too, he has 2 Foresters. 1 1998 with heaps of kms on it & raised King springs, & a stock 2008 Turbo. The old 1 is coming if he can make it.
Yes we can find some harder stuff if ya want Bennie, if it rains Friday night it will be a mission just to get out of there for me.
I'll pick up a bit of wood on my way & get the fire going when I get there.
This should be a fun day.

Cheers Jake

Return to “Victoria”