Road cruise? Great ocean vs Black spur

Kustomchris

Road cruise? Great ocean vs Black spur

Post by Kustomchris » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 am

Just thought I'd put the feelers out there to see if thered be many guys interested in a subi cruise either along the Great Ocean rd down past geelong there. Or do a drive Up the black spur from Healesville to the Cathedral ranges via the most windy and fun tracks that can be figured out.

Great Ocean rd

Black Spur

The idea would be to meet up and do a slow cruise through either drive with someone to shoot off ahead and snap pics along the way. Stop once or twice along the way then at the other end guys can go their own way and do the tourist thing with kids or head to the local.
Both drives have pros and cons, with the Black spur I reckon thered be afew interested in going further to explore Lake Eildon as it has some fantastic dirt roads and offroad tracks. While the Great Ocean road is one of australias most iconic drives with some great fishing spots and beaches along the way.

What do we reckon?

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Its a nice drive on a sunny day there... Also when its wet its good to drive an AWD out that way. been out on that road many times with AWD during wet its fun.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

Kustomchris

Post by Kustomchris » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Yeah ive driven both and although the GO road is a little ways out its one of the best drives in australia.

Would be a good bit of fun playing in the hills around the spur too and even make a trek across to Toolangi national park followed with some camping out there even.

hydrowill

Post by hydrowill » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:25 am

GOR would be fun, I hear there is some good waterfalls n stuff out near the otways too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] H6 outback 5 speed D/R

Bantum
General Member

Doh ...

Post by Bantum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:32 am

Just did the Great Ocean Rd last month ... :)
Twasn't in a Subi though ... :(
Next time ... ;)
Ciao, Bantum ...

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:29 pm

If circumstances allow, I'd be in for the Black Spur followed by a cruise on some dirt tracks :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Kustomchris

Post by Kustomchris » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:56 am

Might be a cool idea to organise them for when winter is over then.
I love the idea of both and forgot that the otway ranges are only down the road from the GOR.

Ill likely get out exploring the spur this winter too, thinking of which it might be a cool idea to get up to the snow behind marysville during winter.

Return to “Victoria”