Big & Little Deserts

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:59 pm

rubisubi wrote:Love the photos dude, do you mind me asking what type of camera you use?
Mine's a Nikon D7000 - awesome camera. I really need to get some different lenses to properly utilise the camera's ability. It's just time and money to sort it out. I'd love a fixed 50mm lens again... someday :rolleyes:

My biggest issue is keeping the dust off my lens - I'm a bit lazy about that and sometimes it shows with dark marks in my images, some you can see in the sky of the pics on the previous page.
yarney wrote:Great trip report
You guys make me sooo much want to get there you never know;)
Jan, if/when you do I'd love to be there - and I've got the general areas for you to tour your way across Victoria to enjoy a bit of everything :twisted:
I'd start you in Murray Sunset NP, then head over to the Boarder track, from here head back into the Big Desert SP, across to Wyperfeld NP. Then black top it to the Grampians (although I've not 4wd'n out there... yet), then Mt Cole; Wombat and Lerderderg SF/SPs; Cobaw SF then across to Bunyip or up to Woods Point (not been here either, but the general area is EPIC), from WP head down to Walhalla via many, many awesome tracks of steep ascents/descents with many great campsites to be had!
From here black top it to Dargo where you can easily hit up the high country again. Head over to Swift's Creek then cut through the forest east of this town towards Malacoota/Merimbula (I'll be checking out this area next weekend with all going well!).

From there you can start to head north again - you will have done the majority of "important" 4wd areas of Vic with exception to the Little Desert NP and the Otways NP on the Great Ocean Rd. If you drop Mt Cole off the agenda you could do the Otways instead ;)

My thoughts anyway! I'd love to do all of that in 8 weeks or so!! It's not too much to ask is it :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Victoria”