Wreckers - what's there...

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:53 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:Centre Road has an Impreza with Single Range AWD.... that was about 3 weeks ago when I saw it there..
Cheers
AP
Sorry mate.. I meant Greens Road not Centre Road I think Centre Road is a bit pricey for 4WD gearbox!
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:11 pm

GTlegs wrote:No worries. Just be careful today - its gonna be very hot!
It was... even hotter on the freeway! The three core held the heat down well ;)

I didn't get any doors but did get some power window regulators... There was no grey interiored L's with power windows...

Now we're after some MY front doors with no rust, doesn't matter what they're from, the section we need is the same on all models of MY... Or a parts car that's cheap and no rust in the front doors :D

Suby87: That vortex is the three plug ECU type, meaning it doesn't have the dizzy you need, this one has the vacuum operated spark advance.

Other than all of that, i was pretty dissappointed, guess I worked myself up for something good... Whoops.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:35 pm

El_Freddo wrote: Other than all of that, i was pretty dissappointed, guess I worked myself up for something good... Whoops.

Cheers

Bennie
yeah that happens... sometimes you drive all the way there and finding out that its not there or something... i know the feeling very well...
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:43 pm

Anyone got some updates?

I probabily won't be headed down anytime soon but I do like to read what people have seen/got for a bargain...

Cheers

Bennie

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:35 pm

I was thinking about wreckers list today... wondering if there is any updates as well...
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:00 pm

I was at Kilsyth PAP last week, pretty much nothing there...but I did get to meet up with Gareth :cool:

From memory, just 1-2 L wagons and Liberty's. No MY's at all :(

Also dropped into the other Kilsyth wreckers down the road on the weekend to get some Furd diff info and they have SFA in everything except Falcodore's now - a row of Toyota's and Mazda's covers the other brands - no Subaru's at all and lots of empty places. They seem to be crushing everything for scrap metal now :confused:

I haven't been to PPNG in Ringwood for awhile but they aren't turning over much stock...need to drop into the Dandenong guys still.

Dean.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:14 pm

I went to Centre Road today - a real mess but a few interesting cars. They have another Brumby in there, a basketcase 86 in white. No tailgate, no left taillight, broken rear taillight, I grabbed the left bumperette cap but the right is still there, grey interior is a real mess, roof has been stood on, stock EA81, wheels, etc. Oh, pass-side door is gone and drivers side is fubar. Someone's cut out a big section of the pass-side rear quarter too. Apart from that it's ebay mint :)

They also have the 2wd Vortex sitting there crying "take my rear discs please", a handful of L wagons, a ratty MY wagon and about 2 rows over in the Furd section a clean red MY with solid bullbar and factory white rims - I assume it's beening wrecked, almost looks too good. Back to the Subaru section, there's a couple of early Lib wagons, and towards the front of the yard is a Impreza sedan (didn't look at the engine, probably a 1.8).

I'm heading back tomorrow to pull a XG Falcon diff and a pair of Corolla Sprinter rear discs (this way I have NO working cars :)).

Dean.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:40 pm

dfoyl wrote:I went to Centre Road today - a real mess but a few interesting cars. They have another Brumby in there, a basketcase 86 in white. No tailgate, no left taillight, broken rear taillight, I grabbed the left bumperette cap but the right is still there, grey interior is a real mess, roof has been stood on, stock EA81, wheels, etc. Oh, pass-side door is gone and drivers side is fubar. Someone's cut out a big section of the pass-side rear quarter too. Apart from that it's ebay mint :)

They also have the 2wd Vortex sitting there crying "take my rear discs please", a handful of L wagons, a ratty MY wagon and about 2 rows over in the Furd section a clean red MY with solid bullbar and factory white rims - I assume it's beening wrecked, almost looks too good. Back to the Subaru section, there's a couple of early Lib wagons, and towards the front of the yard is a Impreza sedan (didn't look at the engine, probably a 1.8).

I'm heading back tomorrow to pull a XG Falcon diff and a pair of Corolla Sprinter rear discs (this way I have NO working cars :)).

Dean.
What colour were the L series mate?
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:41 pm

UPDATE

L series - cream sportwagon
white standard wagon
silver touring wagon

The complete red MY wagon is gone...

Dean.

heath

Post by heath » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Just lettin u no I went to pap today there was no m.y's 2 l series and 2 libertys but they had been striped to basically nothing. But I did get a nice alloy 14" pug wheel with good rubber for 28 bucks. Now I can get rid of the old 13" suby wheel as my spare

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:52 am

heath wrote:Just lettin u no I went to pap today there was no m.y's 2 l series and 2 libertys but they had been striped to basically nothing. But I did get a nice alloy 14" pug wheel with good rubber for 28 bucks. Now I can get rid of the old 13" suby wheel as my spare
Which PAP was it?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:58 am

Kilsyth I'm guessing - as that sounds the same as when I was there - Gee was pulling bits off the Liberty ;)

Dean.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 am

dfoyl wrote:Kilsyth I'm guessing - as that sounds the same as when I was there - Gee was pulling bits off the Liberty ;)
I think I might get a t shirt or something made up to wear out pick a parting with "El Freddo" between the shoulders, that way if any of you are out parting stuff you know who it is and can drop in to say g'day ;)

Cheers

Bennie

PS - i'm starting to get withdrawls from parting stuff, and i've got 5 weeks of rounds before i'll have a chance or money to do it :(

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:40 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I think I might get a t shirt or something made up to wear out pick a parting with "El Freddo" between the shoulders, that way if any of you are out parting stuff you know who it is and can drop in to say g'day ;)

Cheers

Bennie

PS - i'm starting to get withdrawls from parting stuff, and i've got 5 weeks of rounds before i'll have a chance or money to do it :(
We will have a road cruise in the next month or two, considering we now have three pages of Vic members, so that everyone gets to know each other. I will get some name/nic labels printed for the day, so we know who everyone is.
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:16 pm

GTlegs wrote:We will have a road cruise in the next month or two, considering we now have three pages of Vic members, so that everyone gets to know each other. I will get some name/nic labels printed for the day, so we know who everyone is.
Sounds good. Got a date in mind yet?

Cheers

Bennie

heath

Post by heath » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:58 pm

It was kilsth. And id be up for meeting every one. Can we make it a dirty cruise my suby likes them better

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:32 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I think I might get a t shirt or something made up to wear out pick a parting with "El Freddo" between the shoulders, that way if any of you are out parting stuff you know who it is and can drop in to say g'day ;)

Cheers

Bennie

LOL I agree.... a lot of people say that I live at the wreckers! (always been seen there!)
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:57 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:LOL I agree.... a lot of people say that I live at the wreckers! (always been seen there!)
Cheers
AP
Hehehe... nothing wrong with that...

I originally ran into GTlegs at centre road wreckers, he borrowed a 10mm socket from me. I saw a little dark blue leone with the website sticker across the rear window. I was in dad's rangie...

A little while later I met up in melb to drop off a dead heater core for him to use as a template, realised he was the same dude... Funny how it happens eh?

Well, til next time part'n stuff...

Bennie

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:54 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Hehehe... nothing wrong with that...

I originally ran into GTlegs at centre road wreckers, he borrowed a 10mm socket from me. I saw a little dark blue leone with the website sticker across the rear window. I was in dad's rangie...

A little while later I met up in melb to drop off a dead heater core for him to use as a template, realised he was the same dude... Funny how it happens eh?

Well, til next time part'n stuff...

Bennie
Its a small world eigh? Especially if you like subies and hence visit the wreckers often. The 10mm is the most useful socket I find, but I think that mine cracked that day ($1 bunnings special)

BTW, the cruize will be a nice relaxing road cruise so that everyone gets to know everyone else. I am thinking around 11AM on Saturday or Sunday for a couple of hours.

Also, a couple of months after the cruise, we can do a BBQ. I went to the Ozliberty BBQ last week and it was a great success.

heath

Post by heath » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:20 pm

Anybody seen any ea81s at wreakers I need a new carbie

Return to “Victoria”