Wreckers - what's there...

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:15 pm

Not meaning to get too far off topic...
Alex wrote:geez, if i can do it, you can! it aint hard mate
From what i remember you had a bunch of the infamous WA boys over to help and you were doing 2 conversions as a group effort...
Subafury wrote:do it do it!
I've heard that one before... It was the part that got the ball rolling on bros and I getting to WA for the bbq. Thanks SuBaRiNo, you have a lot to answer for ;) :p

Seriously though, its on the cards, i'd probabily chuck the EJ box in there too, I'd get AWD that way and can stick the EA low range in too.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:13 pm

as - 23rd Feb 2008 -

Jollys has about 6 Liberty there 4 autos and 2 manuals.. a few of L series and Impreza.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:30 am

wheres Jolly's?
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:54 am

GTlegs wrote:wheres Jolly's?
I wasn't going to say it :mrgreen:

Bennie

LUXO_8

Post by LUXO_8 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:53 pm

jollys (jolly rogers) is in dandenong
Future Gen 3 Outback User

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:34 pm

El_Freddo wrote:I wasn't going to say it :mrgreen:

Bennie

teheheheheeh
jks :)
no offence intended :)

dave ;)
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanks D3vil Dave, what ever that means :???:

Anyway, Q: Anyone know what's at the cambellfield Pick a part atm? I'm after doors from an MY touring wagon... Going to duck down there friday before or after I get my braces off (Yay!)...

Bennie

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Last time I was there...sod-all in MY's...

Are touring wagon doors different than base-model ? Which doors do you need ?

Dean.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:03 pm

FYI - Pick-a-Part
http://pick-a-part.com.au/parts_recovery.php
Click on "Whats in Stock" and go from there..
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:21 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:FYI - Pick-a-Part
http://pick-a-part.com.au/parts_recovery.php
Click on "Whats in Stock" and go from there..
Is that accurate yet? I've checked it out before i've physically gone to the pick a part joint and its been nothing like what the webpage has said...

I did check out that page the other night, i'm liking the results as i'll only have time to drop in to campbellfield between uni (in benders) and a dentist appointment in the afternoon... Fun fun...

dfoyl - The touring wagon doors have electric windows - I'll be shoe-horning these into a set of brumby doors. I am hoping for a clean rust free door as we need a section on the bottom to cut out for some replacement panel on the brumby doors...

Cheers

Bennie

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:13 pm

If it's just a section you need you're welcome to cut it off some wagon (front) doors I have - I'm only using the backs as part of an enclosed trailer. They're pretty rusty at the front corners though...

There is a really nice base-model MY wagon at Pick Pay n Go in Ringwood, but I don't recall a Touring wagon around the place (Campbellfield _did_ have one, I got a few nice bits off it but it was gone last time I visited).

Dean.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:46 am

El_Freddo wrote:Is that accurate yet? I've checked it out before i've physically gone to the pick a part joint and its been nothing like what the webpage has said...

I did check out that page the other night, i'm liking the results as i'll only have time to drop in to campbellfield between uni (in benders) and a dentist appointment in the afternoon... Fun fun...

dfoyl - The touring wagon doors have electric windows - I'll be shoe-horning these into a set of brumby doors. I am hoping for a clean rust free door as we need a section on the bottom to cut out for some replacement panel on the brumby doors...

Cheers

Bennie
I dunno... last time last year I followed the website and they did have it in stock in Kilsyth... maybe behind with stock on the web?
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:27 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:I dunno... last time last year I followed the website and they did have it in stock in Kilsyth... maybe behind with stock on the web?
Cheers
AP
We'll find out tomorrow. A gold MY wagon would = touring wagon? I'm assuming (and assumptions are the mother of all evil) that gold - metalic - would have only been an option on the touring wagons with all the other "fruits"...

I'll let you all know how accurate that page is - probabily on saturday.

Cheers

Bennie

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:54 pm

El_Freddo wrote:We'll find out tomorrow. A gold MY wagon would = touring wagon? I'm assuming (and assumptions are the mother of all evil) that gold - metalic - would have only been an option on the touring wagons with all the other "fruits"...

I'll let you all know how accurate that page is - probabily on saturday.

Cheers

Bennie
Just visited today - as it is - 13/03/08
Yes correct gold 1800 touring wagon with electric dash, Gen 1990 Liberty wagon FWD, Vortex FWD MPFI, Sherpa, L series Leone FWD.
Thats all they have at the moment.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:09 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:Yes correct gold 1800 touring wagon with electric dash
Yeah sweet! Hope they're rust free at the bottom front... Time will tell (but i want to know now!).

GT legs, your after the grey door trims with electric window switches yeah? I'll keep an eye out for ya ;)

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:55 pm

I think it did have electric windows - I didnt really pay attention because it was so bloody hot today.
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:15 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Yeah sweet! Hope they're rust free at the bottom front... Time will tell (but i want to know now!).

GT legs, your after the grey door trims with electric window switches yeah? I'll keep an eye out for ya ;)
Yes! Thanks man, if its grey and has electric switches I'll be rapped - let me know (eg text me).

I am going to Centre Rd wreckers on Sat. What exactly are you guys looking for?
'Another quality whore post from GTlegs Inc. Call 1900 POSTHO for all your forum reply supplies.'

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:33 pm

AlpineRaven wrote:I think it did have electric windows - I didnt really pay attention because it was so bloody hot today.
Yeah, i'm looking forward to that tomorrow, I love the heat! Hope the thermo fan can keep up in traffic later in the day (going to hopefully get my braces off, YAY! And yes, i have braces...).
GTlegs wrote:Yes! Thanks man, if its grey and has electric switches I'll be rapped - let me know (eg text me).

I am going to Centre Rd wreckers on Sat. What exactly are you guys looking for?
Difficult to text... I have no credit an no money for it atm... We're after the touring wagon doors for a bottom section that's rust free to use for a cut an shut project, we also want the electric windows to do a conversion on the brumby... For me i'm just "window shopping" til i find something i want and can afford it...

I am after the elusive L awd gearbox if you run into one at centre rd - I missed out on a single range Awd last year, reckon i missed it by a day or two :cry:

I'm also keeping an eye out for a cheap late 80's L touring wagon for parts, doesn't need engine but does need gearbox ;)

Cheers

Bennie

GTlegs

Post by GTlegs » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:57 am

El_Freddo wrote:Yeah, i'm looking forward to that tomorrow, I love the heat! Hope the thermo fan can keep up in traffic later in the day (going to hopefully get my braces off, YAY! And yes, i have braces...).

Difficult to text... I have no credit an no money for it atm... We're after the touring wagon doors for a bottom section that's rust free to use for a cut an shut project, we also want the electric windows to do a conversion on the brumby... For me i'm just "window shopping" til i find something i want and can afford it...

I am after the elusive L awd gearbox if you run into one at centre rd - I missed out on a single range Awd last year, reckon i missed it by a day or two :cry:

I'm also keeping an eye out for a cheap late 80's L touring wagon for parts, doesn't need engine but does need gearbox ;)

Cheers

Bennie
No worries. Just be careful today - its gonna be very hot!

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:51 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Yeah, i'm looking forward to that tomorrow, I love the heat! Hope the thermo fan can keep up in traffic later in the day (going to hopefully get my braces off, YAY! And yes, i have braces...).

Cheers

Bennie
Centre Road has an Impreza with Single Range AWD.... that was about 3 weeks ago when I saw it there..
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:

Return to “Victoria”