finally got my lathe

aspro

finally got my lathe

Post by aspro » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Things are looking sweet in my workshop now, finally got the lathe i have wanted for the last couple of years. Next some more benchwork and storage, A milling machine and a Mig, Will be subie mod central. If you need some turning work done at a reasonable price drop PM me
Cheers,

Aspro

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Aspro mate long time no hear, hows old "Elle" going these days? What projects are you planning to knock up with the lathe?

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 pm

FINALLY you got it... im pretty sure you have been talking about this since the first time we met.

I can't say i can think of anything i need made on it... or have any money at all to pay for it but from our past conversions i think i want one of everything you build for the L series with it. I think you know what i mean when i say that. LOL

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

aspro

Post by aspro » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Aspro mate long time no hear, hows old "Elle" going these days? What projects are you planning to knock up with the lathe?
Yo Andrew... Elle is pretty well bug free now, needs suspension bushes done all round , oil seals for rear diffand some brake pads.. oh and that big crack in the floor needs welding. does it ever end... :rolleyes:
As far as projects go, Long travel front cv shafts and suspension and am very keen to build an air locker:twisted:

aspro

Post by aspro » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:00 pm

FINALLY you got it... im pretty sure you have been talking about this since the first time we met.

Your right Dave, It's been comming for bloody years..
Now to get hold of the other comodity required here... time. :confused:

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:36 pm

wow put me down for an R160diff air locking system for sure! Actually I'll probably need two for the wagon once I'm running two R160 diffs :)

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:39 pm

SHE's ALIVE. Good to hear things are progressing Aspro.
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

Subafury

Post by Subafury » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 pm

+1 for the proppa lokka :)

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:04 pm

aspro wrote:Things are looking sweet in my workshop now, finally got the lathe i have wanted for the last couple of years. Next some more benchwork and storage, A milling machine and a Mig, Will be subie mod central. If you need some turning work done at a reasonable price drop PM me
Cheers,

Aspro
Which machine did you buy? Which Mill are you after?

The machine is only the beginning of the tool-lust, there is so much tooling that these things just absorb, easily can spend more than the machine itself!

I am lucky nowadays and mostly use the big lathe at work, can take 8mm off the diameter in stainless in a single pass, couldn't do that in aluminium on my home machine!

BTW, don't buy the cheap CIG Tig packages that are out there, much much better machines about than these...

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

aspro

Post by aspro » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm

Which machine did you buy?

Its a little chinese mass produced job, CQ6230 produced in the 1980's and supplied to machinery suppliers to rebrand as their own.
I actually inherited the machine, it did belong to my uncle who had bought it 15 yrs ago hoping to learn to use one. It sat in a shed ever since NEVER used. Unfortunately a freak accident (Re lightning strike) bought a sad end to my uncle and the lathe was left to me. It certainly dosnt have the power of the machines i have at work, but hey.. this one is mine. I would like a universal Mill like a good condition 2nd hand Fexac or Pacific machine, finances are probably going to suggest a turret type milling machine. i would love one of the new Sieg x-3 cnc Milling machines ... dream dream dream.
Hre is a pic i found on he net (gotta get some of my own pics up)

Kappage

Post by Kappage » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:01 pm

Oh my god! i have always wanted a metal work lathe at home we only have a pissy little wood one, But that is a lathe!

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:59 pm

aspro wrote:Its a little chinese mass produced job, CQ6230 produced in the 1980's and supplied to machinery suppliers to rebrand as their own.
Sweet, I have the exact same machine but in Hafco livery. Yeah, doesn't have the herbs of the big 3 ph machines, but can do good work. I used to have the Rong Fu RF-31 mill too but needed an engine for a car so had to sell it. Kickin myself for that and eventually when I buy a house again I'll get 3ph put on and get some real machines.

Please watch before posting!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Return to “Western Australia”