Beach Run - Sunday 8th of Jan

90brumby
General Member

Post by 90brumby » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:04 pm

El_Freddo wrote:
Sounds like the 2007 WA end of year bbq :D Good times!

Cheers

Bennie
i do remeber this bennie was a bit of mayhem in areas but great fun also
The New Owner Of hatchie
A 00 outback for doner car
2 door wrx being restored

owned plently of other subis before

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Just got home after clocking up 2000km in 5 days :p

It was a great day on Sunday, all Foresters. 17 of us! They weren't all that up tight. Wow the XT's really move too, looking into supercharging the little EJ20 N/A now its running well. Similar setup to hatchie :cool:

I found out the aircon uni has a slight crack in it, Yes I check and replaced the hose and clamp. But the main issue was that it was blocked, ive never had a filter in the air system and it was full of leaves and crap. The drainage hole just needed a blow out wioth a compressor and all was good.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:22 pm

17 Fozzies...awesome :mrgreen:

yeah the XTs are pretty quick...give an H6 a run for its money (hey venom lol) :p

When Oswina, my humble '97 Foz grows up, she told me she wants to be Pezimm's XT auto :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:37 pm

nachaluva wrote:17 Fozzies...awesome :mrgreen:

yeah the XTs are pretty quick...give an H6 a run for its money (hey venom lol) :p

When Oswina, my humble '97 Foz grows up, she told me she wants to be Pezimm's XT auto :cool:
That'll be expensive upgrading the parts. lol

Im still looking into the supercharger idea just go give the EJ20 abit more grunt for all round applications. With the roof basket and bigger tyres shes quite sluggish on the highway.

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:00 am

taza wrote: Wow the XT's really move too, looking into supercharging the little EJ20 N/A now its running well. Similar setup to hatchie :cool:
be alot easier and probably cheaper aswell to put a turbo in it.. and to put a supercharger on the 2.0l i would say a full rebuild would be needed to ensure it doesnt go pop (im pretty sure dave did a full rebuild could be wrong)... just chuck an ej207 in.
"the wisest of men followed the stars"
<a href="http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthrea ... 200">CHLOE THE LIBERTY</a>
to do list:
-3" strut, 2" body lift uni mid-year break

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 am

woody.t wrote:be alot easier and probably cheaper aswell to put a turbo in it.. and to put a supercharger on the 2.0l i would say a full rebuild would be needed to ensure it doesnt go pop (im pretty sure dave did a full rebuild could be wrong)... just chuck an ej207 in.
Im not looking for huge power plus with a supercharger you have instant power through the whole rev range from idle unlike a turbo. The torque increase is huge too.

The engine has just had a heap of major work done on it in the past month and running almost like new. 230psi compression on average from all 4 cylinders so I can't complain.

3-4psi boost is all im looking for roughly, no intercooler. Just strap it on, wire it up, weld up a bracket and the pulley system, the piping, a BOV and done. See what happens...

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 am

taza wrote: 3-4psi boost is all im looking for roughly, no intercooler. Just strap it on, wire it up, weld up a bracket and the pulley system, the piping, a BOV and done. See what happens...
I'm keen to see how you go. I still have my doubts over long term reliability but i'm happy to be proven wrong lol.

BTW, what size tyres do you have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:55 am

nachaluva wrote:I'm keen to see how you go. I still have my doubts over long term reliability but i'm happy to be proven wrong lol.

BTW, what size tyres do you have?
The guys at raptor Superchargers (who have the same EJ20 N/A as you and me in Aus) are running around 10PSI boost on the complete stock engine and ahev done over 100,000km in two cars. They haven't had an issue because of it and they are pushing almost double the power of the engine (about 150Kw and stock is 92). Im just looking for an extra 30Kw and a heap more torque.

Im running 215/70R15 and stock is 205/70R15. Both slightly wider and 15mm (half and inch) higher.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:34 pm

taza wrote:Im not looking for huge power plus with a supercharger you have instant power through the whole rev range from idle unlike a turbo. The torque increase is huge too.
Careful with this assumption - it depends on the supercharger design - some will work really well down low, but once you hit the mid to high rev range they may run out of puff and thus become more of a drag than a benefit.
taza wrote:3-4psi boost is all im looking for roughly, no intercooler. Just strap it on, wire it up, weld up a bracket and the pulley system, the piping, a BOV and done. See what happens...
Should go well, just copy what Subarino Dave did on Hatchie. Also watch your oxygen sensor to make sure the factory ECU is keeping up with the boost - you don't want the engine to lean out at any point in the rev range, otherwise you'll have a dead engine soon enough.
nachaluva wrote:I'm keen to see how you go. I still have my doubts over long term reliability but i'm happy to be proven wrong lol.
If all the right things are watched to make sure they're still within factory parametres it should be fine - leaning out is the major concern here.
taza wrote:The guys at raptor Superchargers (who have the same EJ20 N/A as you and me in Aus) are running around 10PSI boost on the complete stock engine and ahev done over 100,000km in two cars. They haven't had an issue because of it and they are pushing almost double the power of the engine (about 150Kw and stock is 92). Im just looking for an extra 30Kw and a heap more torque.
If you go for a raptor kit you'll be up for $$$$'s but if you do get the kit you'll be sorted as they provide the appropriate piggy-backs for the ECU to do the correct things when it needs to. If you do it yourself with a supercharger off ebay or the like, the toyota SC12 or SC14 is the go, I know hatchie is running with the SC14.

Hardest part is working out a bracket to make it all fit. I've seen one on ebay for sale ages ago that had a second pulley welded onto the the PS pump pulley to get the power to the Supercharger - it was a toyota SC12 unit.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

subasurf

Post by subasurf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Surely you'll still need to alter the MAP sensor signal to the ECU and install a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to stop the system from leaning out.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Sounds like the 2007 WA end of year bbq :D Good times!
Damn.. that long ago?? Time flys.. That was a good run. I always regret taking the 22 as you boys looked to have some great fun after lunch :(

Time for you to come over again Bennie.. and bring some others :mrgreen:
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Western Australia”