EOI: 87 RX Turbo sedan.

tim_81coupe
General Member

EOI: 87 RX Turbo sedan.

Post by tim_81coupe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi all,

It's been a while coming, but now is crunch time for my poor RX. I bought it in November 2007 to use as an economical daily driver, although it did come with an EJ20G fitted. In the time I've owned it it has been relatively economical although it has let me down a couple of times.

I have bought a house in the last few months, and now with a little help have also purchased a new (non subaru) daily driver.

I have had to use some of the wagon's goodies to keep the RX going, and the plan at the moment is to swap them back to the wagon. I am looking for a good home for the RX and depending on what people are interested in will determine the fate of it.

Here are its pros:

EJ20G motor
5 speed 4.11 from RS Lib
4.11 VLSD
Rear discs (duh)
High rise manifold (spacers)
WAIC
Is registered to May(with correct engine number)
Fairly new clutch
2.5" exhaust with cat
Checkered interior (maybe thats a con)
Brand new tailshaft
GFB boost controller
Front Kings Springs
Rear Kings / KYB's

And its cons:

Needs new windscreen
Needs new water pump, and new timing belt
Clutch is shuddering (didn't skim flywheel)
Needs coils (have spare HEC716's, not yet fitted)
Wiring is garbage
Stereo is rooted
No roof lining
Brown carpet
Minor rust spots
A bit grubby

Now its currently got my wagon's diff in it but if someone is keen for the whole car I am prepared to let that go. It also currently has the PowerFC from my wagon, was more of a "fed up with fault codes" manouver on my part. This will not be going with the car, I need it. It also has 15" alloys that will not be sold - I will take them to the grave with me :).
And there's the matter of the rear hubs - I do want them but I have replacements.

I did purchase this car fairly cheap at the time. Considering it has problems that were not present when I bought it and the fact I have put nearly 40,000km's on it I would be foolish to ask for a lot. But that said I have put a lot of money and work into it. When I got it it had no door handles, no stereo surround, chopped springs all round and a crap open rear diff that ended up siezing on me.

So anyway, is anyone interested in this thing at all? Make an offer..
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

BlackMale
General Member

Post by BlackMale » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Tim, i have sent you a PM.
Toyota 105 Series LandCruiser (that nobody on here wants to really hear about).
RX Touring Wagon - fitted out for 4WDing (currently collecting dust).
RX Project - will be road only at this stage (and currently taking way to long to finish).

tim_81coupe
General Member

Post by tim_81coupe » Sat May 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi all,
Rego is due for this beastie and I have still not sold it. I am asking $1300 now and I will pay 6 months license for it.

Has to go so I can get another project on the go (current projects up to 3 now!)
82 MY Wagon, EJ20G

87 RX, EJ20G

89 Brumby, EA81

12 BRZ, FA20

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sat May 30, 2009 9:14 pm

If only you where in queensland!!!
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Sun May 31, 2009 5:08 pm

grrr Tim, id snap this up no worries if i had sumwhere to park it!

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sun May 31, 2009 6:36 pm

Free bump
Im opposite... i got somewhere to park it but no money to buy it. For that price i would consider buying it just for something to do... this is a very good buy for anyone wanting a project... it just needs some love.

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Return to “Western Australia”