99 wrx Cat back Exhaust

Corax

99 wrx Cat back Exhaust

Post by Corax » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:14 am

Hey Suba Dudes,

As the title states I am looking for a cat back exhaust off a 99 wrx to put on the forester gt. The reason I want to do this is I have been told that the cat in the gt's exhaust is actually a restrictor, to the extent that the pipe diameter drops to about 30mm inside it. If this is the case then this must seriously choke the cars preformance! The reason I want the wrx pipe is that it bolts straight in with no mods and apparently the cat on the wrx pipe is actually a cat with no restrictions. Would like to get a custom exhaust for it but dont really have a lot of spare cash at the mo, and what I do have is going to be spent on fixing up the engine bay of the white lightning. Toonga, its back! So anyway if anybody has a spare exhaust laying around that they want to get rid of feel free to pm me. I will be happy to take it off your hands for a stupidly low price:D

Cheers,
Corax.

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:53 am

Corax are you looking for the factory WRX setup or after market?

as Im pretty sure I know where there is a factory dump pipe (Perth sorry), resonator and exhaust from a WRX (Australind)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Corax

Post by Corax » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Looking for the factory setup dude and chasing mainly the center pipe so I can do a clean swap to help her breath a bit easier. There is also a horrible noise when you cold start her, sounds like a loose baffle so I am hoping to kill 2 birds with the one stone if that makes sense? Anything you got I would be happy to look at, unfortunatly I dont have anything left to swap with you.:)

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:28 am

Corax not a problem I have a case of "will you get rid of that stuff!!!" happening

I think she needs more room for her shoe collection (men collect cars/parts women collect shoes/crap)

so I"m pretty sure we can work something out :)

TOONGA

lefty

Post by lefty » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:35 am

if you intend to use the wrx muffler also, you will need a 100mm extension as the WRX is a bit shorter than the Foz
MY05 Forester XT

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Well I went to Coraxs and I must say he scored himself a nice forester (this one is rat free)

and his exhaust system is 2.5 inch up from the dump pipe until the stock final exhaust which for some reason has been grafted onto the system, so the 2.25 stuff I have is back in the shed :(

TOONGA

Return to “Western Australia”