"JESSIKAR"
2" body
3" spring
27" tyres
...ea80poo...
hunting down...... lsd diff ...

LIFTED

Post by LIFTED » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Well well well, Since becoming a Dad, my life has got a little hectic so I haven't had much internet time and I've just seen what your planing.... bugger.....This is my first Subi and I've never been offroad before, I'd like to go with a group but at this moment there's no way I could go, got too many domestic chores to help out with :-(
But I've had a quick look on google maps and If I did manage to escape for a few hours, I "might" drive up and try and catch up later in the day. Will you be driving on and up the beach or going along the tracks that run sort of parallel to the beach? and how far up the beach do you plan to go? Past Moore river??? I don't have a CB.
Any tips for a first timer? eg bring compressor, shovel, jack&block of wood, air down tyres.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ..........................................92 Lib 98 Foz 99 GT Foz :roll: ..................................................

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

Not to discourage you but i think specially if you are a first timer, never been to two rocks, never been offroad and don't have a CB, it be better for you to come with the group and not adventure alone. We are not sure where we will stop. We will be alone the beach somewhere.

But if your keen go for it:) You have about a week, you can buy a small hand held CB radio from cash converters or cash city for about $15-25, Definitely have an air pump, shovel. Letting the air down helps heaps:)

Hope to see a big ground there next weekend. I'm gonna spend the whole week installing, buying camping gadgets and getting the car ready:p

Is JPM coming? I'm really keen to see a second impreza out there:) But, the cherry on the cake would be......, yep jetcar:D Hahahaha, people in big cruisers and patrols are gonna go crazy stupid seeing jetcar playing around in the sand..

Ohhh is hachy gonna be there?
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:18 am

LIFTED wrote:Well well well, Since becoming a Dad, my life has got a little hectic so I haven't had much internet time and I've just seen what your planing.... bugger.....This is my first Subi and I've never been offroad before, I'd like to go with a group but at this moment there's no way I could go, got too many domestic chores to help out with :-(
But I've had a quick look on google maps and If I did manage to escape for a few hours, I "might" drive up and try and catch up later in the day. Will you be driving on and up the beach or going along the tracks that run sort of parallel to the beach? and how far up the beach do you plan to go? Past Moore river??? I don't have a CB.
Any tips for a first timer? eg bring compressor, shovel, jack&block of wood, air down tyres.
Yeah what Guy said, Two Rocks is a notoriously soft beach so we do a bit of track/beach driving/scouting whilst working our way up to wherever we stop, I think we'll go past Wilbinga this time as we've never gone that far yet but we won't go as far as Moore River.

Always some idiot goes further than they or their car is capable of & needs dragging out :oops:
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 am

If I come up it would be in PJ not Jetcar. while Jetcar has plenty of grunt and a diff lock, the fact that there is less than 200 mm clearance at any given point, leads me to believe there would be plent of digging and cursing as the day progressed. (99% of it from me)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:11 pm

LIFTED wrote:Well well well, Since becoming a Dad, my life has got a little hectic so I haven't had much internet time and I've just seen what your planing.... bugger.....This is my first Subi and I've never been offroad before, I'd like to go with a group but at this moment there's no way I could go, got too many domestic chores to help out with :-(
im in the same bag as you mate (family commitment wise)

i might also go, not sure yet, if i do we can go up together. Ive been up there many times.

alex
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:30 pm

TOONGA wrote: leads me to believe there would be plent of digging and cursing as the day progressed. (99% of it from me)

TOONGA
Don't worry Jules, We will be there to give you plenty of moral support while drinking down some cold CCdry etc:p
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:40 pm

you could sponsor me with those 3 inch strut tops you have instead :)

that way I wouldn't need digging out :)

Oh I measured under Jetcars diff today and I have a massive 160mm of clearance.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:06 pm

I just measured my Brumby too.. at 200mm and this is at the high setting. Last time I was at Two Rocks it was at the low setting but you wont come anyway.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:35 pm

RSR 555 wrote:I just measured my Brumby too.. at 200mm and this is at the high setting. Last time I was at Two Rocks it was at the low setting but you wont come anyway.
Seeee, Height doesn't matter. Your just finding excuses!

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:15 pm

guyph_01 wrote:Ohhh is hachy gonna be there?
RSR 555 wrote:8. Tristan (90brumby) if he can get my hatch fixed !!
guyph_01 wrote:Hope to see a big ground there next weekend. I'm gonna spend the whole week installing, buying camping gadgets and getting the car ready:p

Is JPM coming? I'm really keen to see a second impreza out there:) But, the cherry on the cake would be......, yep jetcar:D Hahahaha, people in big cruisers and patrols are gonna go crazy stupid seeing jetcar playing around in the sand..
Guyph.. you'll get to see plenty of 'ground' as long as you don't do any Ken Block style driving.

I too hope to see Jayd (aka JPM) the more the merry.

As for Jetcar, I doubt it. Shame as it would be pretty cool to see.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:50 pm

lol, sry excuse my French, not ground but group:)

Working on some new accessories for camping:)

Luke82

Post by Luke82 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:58 pm

guyph_01 wrote: Working on some new accessories for camping:)
me too :)
"JESSIKAR"
2" body
3" spring
27" tyres
...ea80poo...

longy99gt

Post by longy99gt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 pm

hey guys, I'm a chance for meeting you guys up there on the sunday (4th?)
"SUUBMARINE"

Previous Previous- 92 LX liberty wagon 5MT, FWD

Previous- 99 GT fozzy white/grey, 5MT,
UHF / 3" >2.5" exhuast / metal sump guard / custom snorkel / 2" lift / 215/70R16 ATR's / custom pine/ply boot with fridge mount/ 2 deep cycle batteries, spotties on UNIbar

Current Project: 2007 XT 5MT Urban Grey Forester
Subaextreme Bullbar and sump guard. GME 5W Super Compact UHF. Custom Boot with Deep cycle 100A Battery, Tools storage, solar controller and low Volt shut off, with Anderson input and outputs.
Whiteline HD Adjustable front and rear sway bars
Whiteline front tower brace and ultrex rear tower brace.
235/50/17 street tires, 235/60/16 ATR's
KYB struts with Raised HD Iron Man Springs. 1"Subtle Solutions strut top blocks.
20" LED Front Light Bar
Side Shade Awning on roof racks with 2x 18W LED Flood lights and 3x LED string lights in awning

Future: Solar Panel roof mounted(under roof basket), Low range Conversion (1.44), HD clutch, 3">2.5"TBE, Rear tire carrier,

LIFTED

Post by LIFTED » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Alex wrote:im in the same bag as you mate (family commitment wise)

i might also go, not sure yet, if i do we can go up together. Ive been up there many times.

alex
OK that would be good, I don't want to get your hopes up I doubt it will happen for me, just depends on what sort of a night we've had at home, lately we've had a couple of all nighters which wipes out the wife for next day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ..........................................92 Lib 98 Foz 99 GT Foz :roll: ..................................................

Wagonman

Post by Wagonman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:22 pm

How many more camping accessories can you take! Last time i recall you taking something like 70ltrs of water for a shower! haha..

Im bringing my Engel, my new swag and fishing rod all of which im very excited to try out :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:44 am

70lts.....:shock: You must have been smoking something when you came round. It was more like 30-40max... LOL. You'll see. Amazing what you can come up from scrap yards and salvage places:)

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:15 am

90brumby wrote:so is the south river meet like just the side of the freeway or the park and ride car park
When heading north, just take the exit road, then whilst on the exit road turn right into carpark. After we all group there, we'll exit on that same road but just crossover South St, then continue north along the freeway.
guyph_01 wrote:lol, sry excuse my French, not ground but group:)

Working on some new accessories for camping:)
It's not your French.. it's your typing skills :???: hahaha

What are these 'new' (and I use that term loosely) accessories ??
longy99gt wrote:hey guys, I'm a chance for meeting you guys up there on the sunday (4th?)
Awesome.. Sunday (the 4th) is fine Adrian. What sort of time line are your thinking?
Wagonman wrote:How many more camping accessories can you take! Last time i recall you taking something like 70ltrs of water for a shower! haha..

Im bringing my Engel, my new swag and fishing rod all of which im very excited to try out :D
And he wonders why his car is not as lifted as yours? *shakes head*

New toys to try out before the big trip hey John? they sound great.. lets try and christen that rod :mrgreen:

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luke82

Post by Luke82 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm

just thought i would let you all know that ill be at the north meet point on the morning . just so theres no one waiting for me at the south one :)
"JESSIKAR"
2" body
3" spring
27" tyres
...ea80poo...

woody.t

Post by woody.t » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 pm

i've got to work saturday night... we've got the miss universe finalists in for a cocktail party so its not all bad i suppose so im out.
"the wisest of men followed the stars"
<a href="http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthrea ... 200">CHLOE THE LIBERTY</a>
to do list:
-3" strut, 2" body lift uni mid-year break

Return to “Western Australia”