Trips on the 26/27Nov and on the 8Jan

guyph_01

Trips on the 26/27Nov and on the 8Jan

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:19 pm

He guys,

Was looking at the Subaru WA club, and saw they are doing those two interesting trips. I know most of us including me will go to two rocks on the 3rd and 4thDec but it still be cool to go going with those guys. most of them own foresters.

This is there web site
http://www.subaru4wdclubwa.asn.au/Curre ... /index.php

The trips
26NovThe idea is to travel on Indian Ocean Drive to Cervantes stopping to view the Pinnacles, camp overnight then meet up with the people at Lancelin on the Sunday to play in the dunes on the way home.
We will camp at the Pinnacles Caravan Park in Cervantes - http://www.pinnaclespark.com.au/ . Please make your own booking. Unpowered sites are $27.00. Onsite vans and cabins are also available - see the website.

27NovThis is a trip for all members in all model 4WD Subarus (except unlifted Libertys or Imprezas) We split into groups depending on experience and start off easy, progressing to something more challenging. It is a fun day in a safe area with experienced members who will give you advice on all facets of driving on sand including tyre pressures, choosing the right gear ratios and how to get out after getting stuck in the sand.

This is a trip for all members in all model 4WD Subarus (except unlifted Libertys or Imprezas). Outbacks have had a few front clearance problems in the past, so if these owners have any concerns please contact the trip leader. Also it pays to remove the plastic splash tray under the engine if it has not already been replaced with a sump guard. Prospective, new and existing members are all invited to learn the capabilities of their vehicle and their driving ability.

And the 8janOur annual beach run is on again second Sunday in January. Again it will be in the area between Tims Thicket and Myalup. We will decide closer to the day as to whether we go North or South North. This is always an excellent day to experience a lot of beach driving. Suitable for everyone. If you have just joined the Club please come along. Weather permitting you will get a chance to have a swim at the lunch break. Contact Peter A – 9440 4075 (H) or log into the website to join this trip. Meeting point will be as in past years at the service station complex Baldavis Rd exit of the freeway at 8.30am

What do you guys think??
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 am

You should go Guyph and report back :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:13 am

Yeah take some no-doze so the lectures don't send you to sleep, I went with the grandad club once but fun wasn't a huge part of the day, just follow the leader and listen to more crap.

Oh and make sure your tyres are at exactly the right pressure or they'll adjust them for you.....they did mine even though I used to live there and run tours in the dunes.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

longy99gt

Post by longy99gt » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Hey guys,
I'm apart of the suby club,
was a very good day out on the dunes,
I know how 'slow' club trips can be all to well, but it was a really good day,
and i conquered a massive dune first up XD
"SUUBMARINE"

Previous Previous- 92 LX liberty wagon 5MT, FWD

Previous- 99 GT fozzy white/grey, 5MT,
UHF / 3" >2.5" exhuast / metal sump guard / custom snorkel / 2" lift / 215/70R16 ATR's / custom pine/ply boot with fridge mount/ 2 deep cycle batteries, spotties on UNIbar

Current Project: 2007 XT 5MT Urban Grey Forester
Subaextreme Bullbar and sump guard. GME 5W Super Compact UHF. Custom Boot with Deep cycle 100A Battery, Tools storage, solar controller and low Volt shut off, with Anderson input and outputs.
Whiteline HD Adjustable front and rear sway bars
Whiteline front tower brace and ultrex rear tower brace.
235/50/17 street tires, 235/60/16 ATR's
KYB struts with Raised HD Iron Man Springs. 1"Subtle Solutions strut top blocks.
20" LED Front Light Bar
Side Shade Awning on roof racks with 2x 18W LED Flood lights and 3x LED string lights in awning

Future: Solar Panel roof mounted(under roof basket), Low range Conversion (1.44), HD clutch, 3">2.5"TBE, Rear tire carrier,

Wagonman

Post by Wagonman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:27 pm

I saw their stall at the 4x4 and adventure show.. i wasnt sold, pretty formal and i didnt see a single L series lol.. I dont even think the guy i talked to knew what one was? haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:42 am

Should have brought mine and showed them:p
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Return to “Western Australia”