RSR Performance New Shop

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:59 pm

TOONGA wrote:Sorry to say I won't make it today, a lunch and birthday for a friend down this way was booked without me being told. ( apparently wifey told me while I was half asleep on the telephone whilst still at work WTF???)

rather annoyed

TOONGA
coupe wrote:Sorry Paul i better not show up, im recovering from the flu thats doing the rounds . I got sent home from work cause im contagious lol. My boss told me to stop cheering. lol when i got told to go home. Apparently "WOOHOO im out of here" isnt PC.
Cheers Pete
No probs Jules and Pete, I'm sure you'll get to see it in time.
taza wrote:Was a good day and was great to see what the new shop will be like!
Twas a really good day and thanks all that came down. I was really glad to get all the different ideas on where to setup all the equipment. Although I don't think Tom's idea of having refugees living inside will go down too well with the strata group :(
taza wrote:The drag was certainly insteresting...
Really good to see how much power your L series has too Tarran, I have since saved a parking spot just for you...
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:01 pm

taza wrote:Was a good day and was great to see what the new shop will be like!
The drag was certainly insteresting...
Hahahahaha, Just after tom left we even had our little drag race:p Poor taza, getting beaten up buy a 1.6, rusty 87 car..... lol.
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:50 am

Yeah, pissed off I missed that...........The little coupe that could :-D Good to get south and see the new workshop, hide the reffo's up in the mezzanine floor on rent inspection days and use Canyonaro to transport them in and out to the nearest sweat shop, you'll make a fortune lol.
98 Libbo with V3 STI running gear. 13.0 @ 105mph with CAI & 3" Zorst:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrsF-2JS3M :twisted:

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:54 am

RSR 555 wrote: Really good to see how much power your L series has too Tarran, I have since saved a parking spot just for you...
haha

Just wait, I'll be back for another drag on our closed circuit! ;) :cool:

Good to know I have a parking spot for each time I come down :D I expect it to always be free ;)
guyph_01 wrote:Hahahahaha, Just after tom left we even had our little drag race:p Poor taza, getting beaten up buy a 1.6, rusty 87 car..... lol.
Guy just remember what your L-Series was like when you first got it!! The drag could of been different if a good driver was in the L though..
I will be back for more and If I can get the funds together I'm thinking EJ25 quad cam supercharged in the L-Series... :twisted: I think it's about due for a new clutch though as it's feeling a little worse after today's adventures :rolleyes:

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:26 am

I never drove my L with a ea engine as i bought it with a dead one. The first time i drove it it was with a ej22:)
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:58 pm

guyph_01 wrote:Hahahahaha, Just after tom left we even had our little drag race Poor taza, getting beaten up buy a 1.6, rusty 87 car..... lol.
Try 1977 model !! but those EA71 engines are the best (IMO) and I'll be using this engine to get my 1978 Ute licensed.
d_generate wrote:Yeah, pissed off I missed that...........The little coupe that could. Good to get south and see the new workshop, hide the reffo's up in the mezzanine floor on rent inspection days and use Canyonaro to transport them in and out to the nearest sweat shop, you'll make a fortune lol.
LOL.. such a good idea and all but I think I'll pass thanks mate ;)
taza wrote:Just wait, I'll be back for another drag on our closed circuit!
hahaha.. best thing about Rocko, closed circuits every where :D
taza wrote:Good to know I have a parking spot for each time I come down, I expect it to always be free
LOL :D I'll make sure it's free for you. Unless Guyph comes down in his L :o
taza wrote:I will be back for more and If I can get the funds together I'm thinking EJ25 quad cam supercharged in the L-Series...
I guess that means you'll be keeping the L?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm

RSR 555 wrote:
d_generate wrote:Yeah, pissed off I missed that...........The little coupe that could :-D Good to get south and see the new workshop, hide the reffo's up in the mezzanine floor on rent inspection days and use Canyonaro to transport them in and out to the nearest sweat shop, you'll make a fortune lol.
LOL.. such a good idea and all but I think I'll pass thanks mate ;)
Is that because you know the AFP watches this forum ??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:39 pm

niterida wrote:Is that because you know the AFP watches this forum ??
LOL.. but not those dodgy fellas, I've seen what they do in their time off :p

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Huge THANKS !! to chriSTIan and his fellas for coming down and painting the walls. Can't wait to se the floor done. Love your work guys... highly recommend them to anyone for household or industrial painting.

Here's some pics

And here's a pic of the front of the workshop (for those that missed out on coming to the bbq)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

90brumby
General Member

Post by 90brumby » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 pm

That rear wall looks good paint line matches great haha

Good job Christian sorry I could stay and help paint

Tristan
The New Owner Of hatchie
A 00 outback for doner car
2 door wrx being restored

owned plently of other subis before

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:22 am

Shit, I forgot about this, you guys never called me:( well with one car with a blown turbo and one with no tail-shaft and the Impreza sold It would have been tricky to get down there. But still keen to come next time you tackle the floor. Give us a bell this time......

Looks good by the way? What the plan for the kitchen area? No paint there?

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:02 am

Would second hand sea containers be any good as lunch room and engine building room? Covered in thin sheeeting with a door and window cut in the side and easy to put a second on top or just use the top as a mezzanine, much easier to transport if for some reason you had to move.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:27 am

90brumby wrote:That rear wall looks good paint line matches great haha
Yeah.. Lucky you're taller than me ;)
guyph_01 wrote:Shit, I forgot about this, you guys never called me:( well with one car with a blown turbo and one with no tail-shaft and the Impreza sold It would have been tricky to get down there. But still keen to come next time you tackle the floor. Give us a bell this time......

Looks good by the way? What the plan for the kitchen area? No paint there?
Thought we rebuilt your new turbo? and sounds like the season for car sales.. I just sold my Brumby and red Liberty wagon this trip home. 2 less cars that need to get moved :cool:

Well you'll need to talk with Christian on when he's going to do the floor. I shall leave that in his hands as I must return to work :(

Well spotted on the lack of paint around the kitchen/sink area, as per below drawing you'll see that we will be building a lunch room in that spot, so no need for grey paint. More than likely it will get done in cream to match the toilet area.

d_generate wrote:Would second hand sea containers be any good as lunch room and engine building room? Covered in thin sheeeting with a door and window cut in the side and easy to put a second on top or just use the top as a mezzanine, much easier to transport if for some reason you had to move.
Probably a very good idea Tom but feel that it would cost more than just building it. Room is the other thing. I have gone with your idea for the hoist layout and what do you think of the plan?

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 am

looking good ... I'm not sure why you didn't go with my suggestions :)

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

Yeah the turbo is back in the car but we found out that the rad has a real small leak and can't be fixed so we are waiting for one, hopefully this week.

Thats an awesome setup for your work shop. I don't think you can do better. Only thing is, knowing you that work bench will get filled up in a couple of days with the amount of stuff you do. lol.

So did you sell the lib to the guy for parts for the brumby build?

I'll msg Chris and see.. When do you think your new shop is going to be operational?

d_generate
General Member

Post by d_generate » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Floor plan looks pretty close to perfect though maybe a 3 car rack next to the lunch room would be handy and what about an old tyre machine for a bit of on off action.

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:18 pm

d_generate wrote: what about an old tyre machine for a bit of on off action.
and a balance machine

LOL one stop shop:)

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 pm

guyph_01 wrote:Yeah the turbo is back in the car but we found out that the rad has a real small leak and can't be fixed so we are waiting for one, hopefully this week.
Cool
guyph_01 wrote:Thats an awesome setup for your work shop. I don't think you can do better. Only thing is, knowing you that work bench will get filled up in a couple of days with the amount of stuff you do. lol.
Yeah, it's going to be a pretty large bench.. god knows I need it !!
guyph_01 wrote:So did you sell the lib to the guy for parts for the brumby build?
No, I sold it to a Kiwi guy (Joe) who will just use the car as an everyday driver.
guyph_01 wrote:I'll msg Chris and see.. When do you think your new shop is going to be operational?
Yeah, just keep in touch with Chris and thanks ;)
d_generate wrote:Floor plan looks pretty close to perfect though maybe a 3 car rack next to the lunch room would be handy and what about an old tyre machine for a bit of on off action.
guyph_01 wrote:and a balance machine

LOL one stop shop
And I need this just to fill in the spare time I don't have??

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

olddog642

Post by olddog642 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:42 pm

And I need this just to fill in the spare time I don't have??[/QUOTE]

Yeah all you Mud Doctors are the same, never got a moment spare, to busy looking for bubbles. LOL
Hylton:evil::twisted:
Ps Works hop is looking good
Pps Workshop, but it could possibly be CC Shop with Dry. LOL

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:57 am

Thy always look big until you move in with all yer stuff. Curious to know what you are gonna use on the floor. Berger had Jet Dry Enamel I think, it was for conc floors. Then they had a cheaper variant, not so tough or resistant to petrol and other fluids like the top of the range. The anti slip powdered grit additive works quite well but the grit sort of attracts dirty marks and wears out. Not know brand of a more superior finish I have seen that is anti slip without the need to add grit

This one http://www.duspec.com.au/duspec/file/AUDD0081.pdf they say not for garage or carports.

They have heavy duty jet dry which'd be good for our home workshops - at least the ones with non dirt floors :)

Return to “Western Australia”