Thieving Bastards last night!

taza
General Member

Thieving Bastards last night!

Post by taza » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:07 am

In the pouring down rain, we had last night some thieving ***ts thought they'd steal my $350 ARB awning off my car!
They did the rounds because as I went out for work this morning, some of the neighbors along the street had other stuff missing off their 4WD's too. Someones lightforce spotties, a LED light bar(1m long) and the guy next door his Maxtrax from his roof.

These bastards are obviously professionals as they would of needed the correct tools to take these things off and have been eyeing the street for sometime!
I've only lived hear 3 weeks, in Innaloo just off Karrinyup Rd. It's a busy steet with cars always going up and down it so these ****ers must of been game!
Having engraved my initials into my stuff(bullbar, spotties, roof racks, awning) I'll surely be able to know if it's mine if I see it anywhere.

Anyway off to the cop shop to atleast report it and I'll see if insurance will do anything about it..
I'll be keeping an eye out on gumtree and if I see any of these things I'll surely be taking matters into my own hands :evil:

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:36 am

Bunch of wankers. Good luck getting your stuff back. Are you sure none of your neighbours have CCTV? Might be worth asking.

Doug

Post by 60766244 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Sad to hear mate

Ill keep an eye on on gumtree too

Surely this is the sort of thing insurance is meant to cover??
Otter the 2004 Outback with all the fruit.
Possible Improvements: Rigid 12db Phone Aerial Fitted, Air-compressor w/ Hose & Air-Tank, Jerry Holders, Lift, Nudgebar and Spots?

|| Ausubaru Wiki: New AUSubaru Wiki, About the Wiki || My Ex, Maple the Brumby, Rack, Lift Kit, Raptor-Liner Tray || Shed: Benches ||

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:24 am

$500 excess ?? $350 item ? does not work......

reporting might work if they come across some flea with suspected stolen goods or his missus finds out and dobs him in. Think of all the auctioned off found goods the cops end up with.....

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:31 pm

steptoe wrote:$500 excess ?? $350 item ? does not work......
Yeah agree with that, it's not worth the effort. Wait out for yours to rock up or get a new one
steptoe wrote:reporting might work if they come across some flea with suspected stolen goods or his missus finds out and dobs him in. Think of all the auctioned off found goods the cops end up with.....
This certainly can pay off. I got my 35mm camera and development gear returned to me that was stolen from the back of my subi when at uni. Hopefully the same will occur for you.

Report it, be patient but keep an open mind that it might be gone for good.

Or look out for a well kitted out 4wd with all that gear on it (or advertised on ebay/gumtree/quokka etc).

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Sorry to hear Taza............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks guys,
I've had no luck finding it online, in the papers or else where.. :( I did report it to the police and they informed me that on Tues night they had a number of calls about stolen item and a few cars broken into in the surrounding areas.
I'll see what happens with insurance as I have a no claim bonus..

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:15 am

Sadly Taza 9 times out of 10 these parts go directly to someone who has put in an order from the thief. I lost an alpine stereo from my car years ago in the same fashion. I found out about 6 months later that a young chick I new at the time got one of her mates to lift it as she was sure I was really rich and that the car was insured.

Neither was true and sadly the path she was on left her with a meth habit that nearly killed her.

I put my next stereo in the glove box and left an oem am/fm radio in the console.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for you...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:55 pm

NachaLuva wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed for you...
I think we all are!

I'd wait out before getting a new one - hopefully the bastard(s) will be caught and your item returned undamaged. I feel that this is not worth chasing through your insurance, your excess will cost more than the item!

Let us know what happens ;)

Cheers

Bennie

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:01 pm

taza wrote: I'll be keeping an eye out on gumtree and if I see any of these things I'll surely be taking matters into my own hands :evil:

Good tip...., i'm gonna wait a bit before i put this ARB awning on gumtree.... :p LOL

Nan but seriously, I'd be ****ing pissed. Even if my $30 ebay 'subaru' rear wheel cover got nicked!!!!! quick quick, touch wood!!!

Hope u find the bastards.... get a night camera...
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:03 pm

So far no luck. I don't think I'll bother getting a new one, it'll just get stolen again by some low life c***s that need to be shot.
Some people are just pathetic in life and I really hope karma comes to bite them in the arse, really hard :mad:

LIFTED

Post by LIFTED » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:45 pm

If they do get caught the judges are too lenient on them, just give em a small fine and slap on the wrist. Bring back hardcore Freo prison and send em to jail.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ..........................................92 Lib 98 Foz 99 GT Foz :roll: ..................................................

LIFTED

Post by LIFTED » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:47 pm

TOONGA wrote:
I put my next stereo in the glove box and left an oem am/fm radio in the console.

TOONGA
you coulda left it in the glovebox when you sold the car ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ..........................................92 Lib 98 Foz 99 GT Foz :roll: ..................................................

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:57 am

LIFTED wrote:If they do get caught the judges are too lenient on them, just give em a small fine and slap on the wrist. Bring back hardcore Freo prison and send em to jail.
It's the same across the country I think. Prisons have been privatised over here and now prisoners have rights to pay TV, gyms etc. Where's the prison factor in that? It pisses me off.

End mini rant!

Cheers

Bennie

Return to “Western Australia”