Need to get away trip :)

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:46 am

Sykes wrote:
RSR 555 wrote:None at all Doug but remember I'm back next Friday :)

I've also made up a list of stuff for Nigel (had a spare couple of minutes at work ;) )

Tyre Deflators…
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic-Ti ... 3f2af32c9b

Tyre Pump…
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Starke-Air-1 ... 1c3796d0ec

Recovery Tracks…
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Paired-Recov ... 3a7e27f08d

Snatch Strap…
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WEREVR-60mm- ... 2a325c7d02

Tow/Snatch Strap Recovery Hitch…
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BOGBUSTER-RE ... 33827462f4

Extra Tow/Snatch Strap Shackle…
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beaver-Yello ... 460cb1852c
(n.b. there are cheaper shackles available but watch out for inferior quality)
Thanks for that Paul. It has now been given out as my Xmas list. Let see how much of that I'll get given.
No worries Nigel. Really only need the first 2 on the list (I did put them in order of priority) but hey.. if you get all of them, then I'd be happy :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:53 am

I also got to get away this week to Kalbarri and a huge THANKS to Wayneo for letting Jayson and I stop over at his place for a couple of nights.

We managed to get down the beach for a couple of nights and unfortunately the winds were on the rise and we really couldn't tell if we were going bites or not but Jayson caught his first Tailor
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:52 am

Here's Jayson and his first Tailor

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:01 am

RSR 555 wrote:Here's Jayson and his first Tailor
Wow ... how did Jason get that human to hold him? :)

Nice Tailor, I hope it got eaten with garlic ginger and tomatoes

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:01 am

Shovel never goes unused either, and gets you your 30 min's workout when you have to dig all the dirt out from underneath :D.

Bloody luxury going with other people :D

Regards

Doug

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:02 am

Nice Fish mate!

Doug

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Nice tailor :cool:

Nice find on the compressor & recovery tracks.

I wouldnt suggest that snatch strap for a Subie though, IMO 8T is too high with not enough stretch. SCA has Ridge Ryder 5T straps, often on sale for $40. I have their snatch, distribution & extension straps, very happy with their quality & price.
RIDGE RYDER 5,000KG SUV SNATCH STRAP - SCA
Ridge Ryder 4,500Kg Winch Extension Strap - SCA

These bow shackles are a good brand at a good price:
BLACK RAT 3.2 TONS 16x19 mm x2 BOW SHACKLES - eBay
BLACK RAT 4.7 TONS 19x22 mm BOW SHACKLE - eBay

My folding shovel got badly bent track building so I reinforced it. Digs tracks & toilet holes fine now lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:22 pm

NachaLuva wrote:Nice tailor :cool:
Yep.. we had it for lunch.. can't beat fresh fish :)
NachaLuva wrote:I wouldnt suggest that snatch strap for a Subie though, IMO 8T is too high with not enough stretch. SCA has Ridge Ryder 5T straps, often on sale for $40. I have their snatch, distribution & extension straps, very happy with their quality & price.
The main reason I prefer the larger straps is because not all the time I'm getting pulled out by a Subaru, sometimes there's a dirty great lump of Nissan or Toyota iron that doesn't know how to pull a Subaru out of a pickle, so the extra stretch allows my little subaru to be safe from over pull.
NachaLuva wrote:My folding shovel got badly bent track building so I reinforced it. Digs tracks & toilet holes fine now lol
LOL.. Never brought a shovel but I might have to add that to my birthday wish list :)

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:43 pm

RSR 555 wrote:Never brought a shovel but I might have to add that to my birthday wish list :)
Steer clear of the folding shovels, we sell heaps and always the same complaints (They bend and break).

If room permits, a long handle shovel is just the ticket, you have far more reach (wont break ur back whilst bending) and can get further under the vehicle.

Also handier than a small folding shovel when ur being chased by a rouge Tiger snake at Cape Le Grand National Park.

Cheers

WayneO.............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Kalbarri_baru wrote:Steer clear of the folding shovels, we sell heaps and always the same complaints (They bend and break).
Good point but I'm sure there is lots of different brands out there, so there might be some sturdier ones out there.. maybe??
Kalbarri_baru wrote:If room permits, a long handle shovel is just the ticket, you have far more reach (wont break ur back whilst bending) and can get further under the vehicle.
A long shovel will do me ok, as I can strap it to the roof rack
Kalbarri_baru wrote:Also handier than a small folding shovel when ur being chased by a rouge Tiger snake at Cape Le Grand National Park.
What.. tiger snakes in Cape Le Grand NP.. you never mentioned this before :(

RSR Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

taza
General Member

Post by taza » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Lucky! Sounds like a good trip!
I only managed to get home once this year. Time gets away from you when your working 6 days a week.

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Kalbarri_baru wrote:Steer clear of the folding shovels, we sell heaps and always the same complaints (They bend and break).
RSR 555 wrote:Good point but I'm sure there is lots of different brands out there, so there might be some sturdier ones out there.. maybe??
Maybe try army surplus ones? They might be stronger. I prefer the ease of folding up the shovel & sticking it in the boot, that why I went to the trouble of reinforcing my folding one.
Also handier than a small folding shovel when ur being chased by a rouge Tiger snake at Cape Le Grand National Park.
What.. tiger snakes in Cape Le Grand NP.. you never mentioned this before :(
Haha, its Oz, theres venomous snakes everywhere :-P Some nice dugites around Perth & on Rottnest & the Sth West.

Please dont go killing snakes though. They have their place in nature, they're protected so its illegal & the biggest cause of snakebite is trying to kill them :(

Interesting note: The biggest Tiger snakes in Oz are found on King I. They're almost completely black & almost all the old ones have had one or both eyes stabbed by Mutton bird when protecting their chicks (their main diet on this Island). There has been lots of footage of completely blind tiger snakes successfully hunting purely by smell!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

Kalbarri_baru

Post by Kalbarri_baru » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:17 pm

NachaLuva wrote:Please dont go killing snakes though. They have their place in nature, they're protected so its illegal & the biggest cause of snakebite is trying to kill them :(
Its all good bloke no snakes were killed, the shovel kept the snake at bay whilst I was being chased not the other way around.

Cheers

WayneO............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Western Australia”