keen for a wagon

shuffbag

Post by shuffbag » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:39 pm

was it rubbing on the front bad? check your front struts, the spring base might be adjustable (you get about a inch) i didn't adjust mine till i got lift, but it would have saved me from rubbing when i put 14's on pre-lift.

oh and the road to ttg motorcross is nothing special just a bit of fun when it rains. the road runs from goldern grove rd, if your coming from the plaza you follow it threw greenwith past one roundabout, then there's a sweeping left corner (you'll see a new development straight ahead on the right side of the road) then i think its the first right on the edge of the old folks home/ building site.

let us know when you head up that way there is a nice double hill thing i'd like a crack at on the way there, plus it would be nice to see a clean unmolested L :) that is not just a pic on the interwebs. lol

shuffbag

Post by shuffbag » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:40 pm

because my L is rough as guts

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:01 pm

im gonna be perfectly honest, i dunno ANYTHING about cars haha...it is certainly somethign i was deprived of whilst growing up...so when ya say stuff like check the struts...yeah i just smile and nod...i would have no idea :P...is it something you can just tell me to check? heaps needa start knowing the ins and outs...especially with the 4X4's!

i know the road man! i turn right at the roundabout to head to gawler..everyday..so tomorrow i might leave early and just have a looksy quikly! the way i go, i see the new development from another side and man o man...when it was wet, (and assumign you could get in there) there were some VERY muddy tracks which i think the massive trucks sorta made..but sheesh! stupid amounts of muddy track once upon a time..its cruel to even mention it ey....sucks getting the suby when its drying up haha..

CYA

shuffbag

Post by shuffbag » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:34 pm

yeah its a simple thing to do, you may be able to just have a look with out taking a wheel off. up the front check your springs.... are you following so far?

at the base of the spring it sits in a metal base plate, now if your cars front struts are adjustable there will be a section just below this with two nuts and some threaded rod to wind them up.

its as easy as jacking up the front, taking the wheels off and turning the nuts

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:08 pm

hmmm...doesnt seem to have what you described...dang it..

went down that road towards TTG motorbike track....bailed after a few hundred metres....had to get to work haha....tomorow i'll leave earlier to go al the way down there...

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:53 pm

yeeeah flares

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:42 pm

yeah flaresImage

BRUMBI

Post by BRUMBI » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:46 pm

looking good...
84 MY Sportswagon
92 Brumby
87 Rx Turbo

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:06 pm

Im hitting up Goolwa beach this saturday morning, most likely, to do some cockling (due to the stupid high prices of the darn bait!)

any advice as it'll be my first time taking the suby on sand....

whats this lanolin stuff people speak of puttign on cars prior to beach drives?...where do you apply it?>

anyways...any little pointers would be snazy...( i am goign with another 4X4, so i shoudl be all good if any situations arise too )

cheers

BRUMBI

Post by BRUMBI » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:10 pm

should be fine ive seen stock L's at the mouth like every time ive been
84 MY Sportswagon
92 Brumby
87 Rx Turbo

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Let the tyres down to 16psi or so and only drive at 50kph when your heading back to the server on the blacktop after the beach driving to pump your tyres back up.

Lanolin or fish oil should be put inside the door panels at the bottom where water sits, under the body on anything metal (if your rich) and inside any other panels you can get into.

Remember to stick it in 4wd before you hit the sand. Maybe start in Low range if you haven't done any sand driving before.
Owned - 89 Brumby, 83 Wagon, 83 Leone 4WD Sedan, 83 Touring Wagon, 99 Outback
Own - 87 Brumby, 93 Liberty, 09 Forester
Offroading Subarus Facebook Page

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:11 pm

cheers for the heads up! veeerrry keen for the sand! but how does the water get inside the door panels :S is that just in general when it rains? or what ...perhaps a very amateur question...:P

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Just wondering if anyone has seen, or heard of any of these bull bars for sale?
I'd loove one like this dudes..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2419254

I'll try subareck when i can tho...

Would subareck be the best affordable place for parts?..

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:37 pm

Looks just like a steel version of the alloy bars you see on just about every done up subie. Subaxtreme makes bars for the L. And I'm sure Pual at Subareck/mod could help you out.

dylan

Post by dylan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:40 pm

i was in subareck last wk and theres about 3-4 full replacement front bars hanging from the ceiling, not sure if there for Ls or Brumbys or if it does'nt mater???
if its not native its not cool.....

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:03 pm

yeah cheers fellas...i sold my old car tonight, so im cashed up a bit more, so KEEN to look into the bullbar.....

any recommendations for new tyres? guy at ARB suggested a mud and snow tread or something...

im still unsure about the front mud guards cos they scrap so much on full lock...has anyone removed theirs and had troubles with chipping paint and what not on the bottom sides of the car cos of stones etc....?

dylan

Post by dylan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:06 pm

im running 14'' light truck tyres because i go on alot of dirt/rocky tracks so they are good for that. they are a higher profile and as such scrape quite a lot, one of the rears is cutting into the tyre so not good at all! (a lift kits hopefully on its way)
mud/snow tyres would be ok. good all rounder i guess. depends what u do most?
if its not native its not cool.....

Phizinza
General Member

Post by Phizinza » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:35 pm

I can recommend the Goodyear Wrangler TG's. They are a LT construction for a 14" rim. 185R14 is the size I think. Good M/T cross A/T tyre.

acousticjase88

Post by acousticjase88 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:42 am

i sussed the wranglers! they look tough as! maybe a little too tough? i do a fair bit of bitumen driving to gawler and back...would that kill them over time? and is getting a brand spanker sparey pointless? i was just gonna hold onto the two best ones from my old ones...

Return to “South Australia”