If someone is offering you...

El_Freddo
Master Member

If someone is offering you...

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 pm

A GME UHF TX4400 and/or a GME AM (I think - it's the low frequency band CB) band CB radio that's too good to be true and is a "back door" kind of sale I'd be keen to know.

I've just learned that my mate's ute's been broken into while in Adelaide - it a white VR ute with vic plates that's been mild B&S styled.

Apparently the bastards jimmied the door open with a crow bar or a pinch bar. I don't know what the damage is but I'll be reckoning that my mate's pretty pissed about the whole thing! I've only heard from his sister about it. It was it's maiden voyage after the new kit went in and an engine rebuild was done.

If anyone hears anything let us know. Apparently a GPS and and ipod were stolen too, but to me that's small fry and IF that's all that was taken it's not so bad, other than the resulting body damage from the bar they used to open the door.

I'll get pics when I can.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:37 pm

no serial numbers recorded to pass around ?

been thinking with all the analoge tellies being left out for collection - it would be interesting to see if any serial numbers come up as stolen in years before !

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 pm

No serial numbers... I got on to my mate tonight - apart from the damage to the door the rest of the vehicle is unscathed.

The GME CB radios were left but the head unit was gone as were all the loose items, including some dirty clothing they had in passenger's foot well!

He's still pissed, but is lucky the car didn't go missing too... Now he's got some things to work on as the door doesn't work anymore with the latching and the door handle doesn't work, surprise surprise.

Thanks for those that read the thread, to me it's a bit of a non-issue now ;) But it's still a good lesson for everyone to remove items from parked vehicles - this was in a 2 or 3 hour period in the middle of the day!

Cheers

Bennie

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:24 pm

No good at all.

Keep an eye on the franchised second hand stores that are on every street corner and online auction sites - is a small world...

A few years back my socket set was stolen from the car - a week later was 400m down the road in a display cabinet. Was worth the hassle going through the Police to watch the manager squirm as he handed it back.
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:15 pm

sven '2' wrote:No good at all.

Keep an eye on the franchised second hand stores that are on every street corner and online auction sites - is a small world...
I doubt he'll bother, although the head unit was only 5 months old and having it's first real work out... But yes it is a small world.

The clothing was probably stolen to help carry and hide the stolen equipment. They even stole a DC power cord for a 42 litre engel but left the little thermo conductor fridge where it was in the cab.
sven '2' wrote:A few years back my socket set was stolen from the car - a week later was 400m down the road in a display cabinet. Was worth the hassle going through the Police to watch the manager squirm as he handed it back.
That's awesome. How did you prove it was yours?

Oh, and the door is still operational, but the key lock is broken and they did in the passenger door, not the driver's. They certainly knew the quickest way into the vehicle too.

Cheers

Bennie

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 pm

It is a small world, and Adelaide is an even smaller city :eek: Sadly I probably wouldn't be able to help much, I don't go out every weekend buying car parts and sound systems :( Hope the buggers are caught.
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Return to “South Australia”