Subaru cruises S.A. (SOCSA)

Silverbullet

Subaru cruises S.A. (SOCSA)

Post by Silverbullet » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Just thought I'd put up a thread for any SA members not aware of this group, it's a facebook group dedicated to Subaru and every month there's a big meet up and cruise around. I've been to one and it's mostly newer gen subies mostly Impreza's, Forresters, a few BRZ's (and toyota 86's because they're Subaru powered) Alot of the cars there are lowered/body kitted and some would class them as boy racers I guess. So a bit of a different crowd to who might be browsing this forum.

I'm putting this up in the hope it might attract a few older gen Subies to the next cruise since I don't want to be the only one driving a 30 year old car! :o I think the early models need a bigger representation, and the next meet up is at Westfield Marion, cruising down south on the new expressway thing, up to Mt. Barker and then down the freeway through the Heysen tunnels (going through the tunnels to get a Subaru flavoured echo seems to be a trademark of this group) Also recently the creator of the group got these sweet hoodies made to order to show a bit of boxer pride :p He's taking orders for the next batch if anyone is interested.

Only requirement to join the group is you have to drive a Subaru, you have to contact the guy directly now to be added since there were too many non-Sube owners joining.

Link for the next cruise:
https://www.facebook.com/events/3497899 ... r=upcoming

Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Just got back from the cruise today and I will say to everyone who didn't go, you sure missed out :) More than 50 cars I counted at the start, including a very nice 87' Vortex which was the oldest car there after mine ;) Also the usual assortment of lowered, torbo'd, suped up, body kitted Imprezas, Liberties and Forresters. Also just about every BRZ and Toyota 86 in Adelaide was there, they have their own club. Didn't see one police car the entire time and there were no burnouts, drag races or stupidity from anyone.

We started in the Bunnings car park at Marion, headed onto the new southern expressway right to the end and then onto the Victor Harbor Rd towards Mclaren Vale. Then through Kangarilla, stopped at Meadows for lunch, then through Macclesfield, Mt. Barker and then onto the South eastern freeway to group up and have a blast through the Heysen tunnels, making a huge echo and beautiful noise in the process :p Then with a toot and a wave we all split up and went home from the intersection at the bottom of the hill.

I was in around the middle of the group and happy to report the Brumby kept up with pretty much everything, except for when the BRZ's floored it up the long freeway hills. The long run at 120km/h at the start must have cleared everything out because my car ran better than ever and more powerful after that, no more detonation either. Broke my record and nearly got to 90 km/h in 2nd gear. Also achieved a new highest speed for this car, 140km/h and it was solid as a rock the whole way, still had more to give but I stopped there considering the speed limit.

Anyway I highly recommend these cruises to anyone in SA, they are a blast and it's great fun driving in a convoy of all boxer powered vehicles. I'll put up a link for the next one when it is organised (usually once a month) I forgot to take my proper camera so here are some photos I snapped with my phone, probably quite lacking quality wise...

Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed