SA: stripping L series turbo RX sedan

henpecked

SA: stripping L series turbo RX sedan

Post by henpecked » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:20 pm

anyone interested in good front seats and very good rear seats and interior trim - will fit a wagon.

Silverbullet

Post by Silverbullet » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Trim bits won't work in my car but, anything else on that car available? :o Is the gear box anything special?
Will it ever end!?
-EA81 TWIN CARB!!!!
-L series 5 speed
-Custom paint job
-2" lift
-Full custom re-wire
-L series front end

FujiFan

Post by FujiFan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:37 pm

I want the seats, I want the whole car. Whats wrong with it?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm

some bugger's selling the interior - that's what is wrong with it !!

The guys on USMB want the front indicator lights - about A$36 to post anywhere in US with signature delivery Ausie Post. Going rate seems to be about A$40 the pair

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:17 am

FujiFan wrote:I want the seats, I want the whole car. Whats wrong with it?
according to previous owner - Turbo was rebuilt and is in the boot awaiting installation. I've had it in a yard and have never got around to getting it re-installed and started up. interest in these cars seems to have waned over the last 5 years, and EA82T's aren't too popular either.

Yard is having to be cleared, so - I either

1) store it 60kms away and it rusts out because I'm lazy ( no rust ATM) over 10 years, or

2) I strip it and part it out, ( body to re-cyclers) - taking what I can to my home- Rear subframe, gearbox, 14" mags, seats etc etc for eventual sale or install into my/Brumby ( rear discs , 5 speed and rear LSD etc), or

3)I sell it for the parts value , approximately $1500+, as a rolling car in the next 7 days.

Number 2) is looking the goods ATM.

SilverB - Gearbox is usual L series 5 speed , not constant 4wd or solenoid selectable as per JDM versions.

FujiFan

Post by FujiFan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:26 pm

according to previous owner - Turbo was rebuilt and is in the boot awaiting installation. I've had it in a yard and have never got around to getting it re-installed and started up.
So thats why its been sitting around, and could very well be a good runner -hmm what a shame.
interest in these cars seems to have waned over the last 5 years, and EA82T's aren't too popular either.
Is this a general view that people have or your own belief?

People are asking for some serious coin for old running and registered Subarus, Just look at some crazy prices for 82MY GLF/GLA coupes. Running and roadworthy cars are worth so much more, especially because they can be viewed and test driven then purchased and driven home

Seriously though HP, If I wasnt interstate I would love the seats and the whole car.

J.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:45 am

if anyone recalls Disco trying to sell his white L RX -no one showed much interest in it or its parts. I think he only wanted a third or a fifth of what he sunk into in return.
I'd go the whole car too if only it wasn't for the distance cost thing, and other projects sitting about. Prefer you do a number two to it......finsih off a Brumby project

dfoyl

Post by dfoyl » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 am

>People are asking for some serious coin for old running and registered Subarus, Just look at some crazy prices for 82MY GLF/GLA coupes...

I think MY's are at the point of appreciation (at least the coupes - I can't see wagons or sedans being worth much in the medium term, though sedans will probably get there due to their comparative rarity to wagons) due to the current interest in early JDM. That said, there are a number of people buying $800 country cars and OFFERING them up for $5k - doesn't mean that they are SELLING for $5k.
L series is still 5-10 years away imho.
1989 Brumby - Shiny new red paint, stroked EJ20 phase 2 SOHC with Darton sleeves bored to EJ22, Wiseco high-compression pistons, Delta 2000 grind cams , EJ/XT6 5 stud with WRX 4/2 pots, 5-speed, 86 GTS seats and so much more.
Contact me for reproduction XT6 hubs...and EA82 rear discs.

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:45 pm

That interior looks great and is bringing back some wonderful memories for me :) Makes my heart skip a little remembering the old RX!!

Too bad the interior won't fit into a SF Forester - that would be awesome!!

Good luck with the sale! I hope that it finds a good home.
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

henpecked

Post by henpecked » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:57 am

nothing is confirmed sold ATM, as many seem to want either - me to set a price first - (which i won't) - or seem to think that $80 is a reasonable price for 3 hours work to remove an interior and also ship it to Upper Mongolia under armed guard :o

The entire car is available for 4 more days, then its gone.

If you want something, name it and a price and I'll try to get it for you.

IE , If you want something then ONLY you know whats its worth to you, To save time, if you want to ask me what I want for a part lets just assume I'll start at a TOTALLY unreasonable amount just to save me time ( which I'm short of ;( ) , or you can make it easy for for us both and start with a price your are happy with. I don't need to sell any of it, and it will cost me time and money to strip - but I don't really want to see it go to the crusher complete. It won't be hitting any wreckers yards.

cheers

Return to “South Australia”