For Sale: 88 L series wagon

subius

For Sale: 88 L series wagon

Post by subius » Sun May 13, 2012 9:34 am

Hi guys,

I have for sale a white 88 4wd L series. I bought this off Frosty with the plan to keep it down at the shack to tow the tinny down to the beach, collect wood etc.

I have since decided that I can just use my existing L series for this, so this car is up for sale.

I have change the oil and filter, fixed some leaky hoses, checked timing, and compression, and tuned the carby. It starts and runs fine. Rowan rebuilt the motor at some stage so the short motor is good, but it runs a bit hot so there is likely a crack in the head. It also has roof racks, cd player, and a hayman reese towbar.

Only chasing $100. Come and get it.
pm or post if you're keen.

Cheers
Sam

89 L wagon: twin carbs, kings, kybs, 2" lift, rear discs, clutch lsd, L awd box, Kumho KL71 27s
85 Vortex: ej20 G, awd, 5 stud, 17's, almost on the road!
88 Bush basher L wagon: Welded rear diff
MY10 GEN5 Outback: white, and completely normal

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun May 13, 2012 10:40 am

put another zero on the price and park it outside a backpackers :D

subius

Post by subius » Sun May 13, 2012 11:09 am

lol, yeah not a bad opition. Not registered atm tho. Only 1 month out though so can still re-reg with out going over pits
89 L wagon: twin carbs, kings, kybs, 2" lift, rear discs, clutch lsd, L awd box, Kumho KL71 27s

subius

Post by subius » Sun May 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Also comes with a Gregory's manual. I already have one so don't need another. Very handy.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun May 13, 2012 9:54 pm

If you want to try sorting the heating issue, have the radiator checked for blockage!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

subius

Post by subius » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Apologies to those who expressed an interest in this, however I have decided to keep it for the purpose that I originaly bought it for. Down at the shack to tow the tinny down onto the beach.

Picked up a set of 14" sunraysias for it, so now just looking for some tyres. Anyone got any large-ish tyres for 14s lying around they don't want? I'm going to go round a few tyre shops and see what they are throwing out. Doesn't matter if they don't quite fit as I'll just chop the guards until they do, its not going to be registered anyway. I reckon some old 27's would be ideal but fat chance finding any of those. It's going to be mainly driven on sand.

I reckon you could be onto something there bennie. I'm going to investigate into the overheating problem, and I'm thinking the radiator might not be operating quite as it should.

You can hear air in the system from inside, it makes a gurgling noise as it comes into the heater core.

Has anyone diagnosed this symptom to a specific problem before?

Anyone got any tips on testing the radiator? or any other parts of the cooling system?

Cheers
Sam

Return to “Tasmania”