L series keeps stalling out.please help

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
justin35

Post by justin35 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Sorry about that gary,,to me it seems like a clean cut especially when your trying to move it,as it doesnt slowly conk out it dies straight away ????? even on idle it seems to just stop dead..(strange i know))normally when you run out of fuel it slowly dies and if you keep pumping the gas pedal you get a little cough splutter bit this just died,Have looked for the window in the carby but not found one on this one..Anyways i have for now run a wire with ign feed power to it and it continues to run so i guess im now looking for the engine revolution sensor location if anyone knows of where it could be??????????even a pic would help,,

FujiFan

Post by FujiFan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey Justin just lookin at wiring diagram now for the beast. But i will prob just have to go down stairs and look in the wagon itself.

justin35

Post by justin35 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Mate, that would be awesome...Thankyou

FujiFan

Post by FujiFan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:46 pm

Just had a look, think I have located it. Its in a bitch of a spot, right up under dash. Remove drivers side kick panel, attached to a metal bracket which is bolted up with bonnet release handle. I could'nt get camera in there for pic but standby for a pic im going to take of a spare that I have! I could'nt even get the connector off to try and start car to see if I get the same symptom. ;)

FujiFan

Post by FujiFan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:01 pm

I believe this is what you are looking for....
Attachments
RevolutionSensor.jpg
RevolutionSensor.jpg (95.87 KiB) Viewed 1452 times

justin35

Post by justin35 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks fujifan,,your a legend..I will get straight onto it.Very grateful for your help,,cheers justin..

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 pm

justin35 wrote:...I would have thought if dizzy was gone it just would not start at all??????any ideas ,,cheers justin
you could be dead wrong about that, I recall instances with my departed ea82t of engine cuts, whilst driving along. Revving the engine was no problem, and I was able to play with the fuel injection too, to no avail.
Finally replaced the dizzy, and fixed!!

tried bridging out the ballast resistor on the coil? (assuming it has one)
There should be no ballast resistor for the ea82 - doesn't need one.

Return to “Trouble Shooting”