urgenent help(bullbar)

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
camo85

urgenent help(bullbar)

Post by camo85 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:48 pm

does anyone have any solutions to broken spot welded nuts down the chasis rails were the bullbars connect on brumby the wrap around type bars

cheers
camo

chubby37
General Member

Post by chubby37 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 pm

weld a wire to the nut...push it back in and put the bolt in and tighten up...if there is room to do it with bar off and reach it with a welding rod you can reweld it..other option is to cut open the boton of the rail...weld the nut back in place and re-weld the rail....no real easy fix
ImageImage

life is like a game of cricket...at some time you will get hit in the nuts

Suby Wan Kenobi
General Member

Post by Suby Wan Kenobi » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:06 pm

I thought the nuts where on the rails for the bar?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The long road ahead

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:56 pm

I believe you can hold you tongue right with a suitable spanner, i would off you a hand but i am going down the sunny coast on friday morning and madly backing.. etc. If you get stuck and can wait until Tuesday i might be able to give you a hand then.
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

SubaRute

Post by SubaRute » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 pm

weld 2 nuts to a plate,slide the plate inside the chasis rail,tec screw the plate to the rail from the outside then bolt the bar back on.

just another solution

Jimmy G

Post by Jimmy G » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:14 pm

I had same problem - two welded nuts broke off inside the chassis rail & were about 25cm from open end. I used a lot of magic words & made reference to the fact that the parents of my Brumby never were married.........then I put a loop of ribbon (like used for a present) through the bolt hole, stuck a bent coat hanger down the chassis rail & pulled out the ribbon (holding the other end of the ribbon of course) . I tied the ribbon around the thread of a high tensile bolt (with washer already in place ) and pulled the bolt down the chassis rail with the ribbon .... & out popped the thread through the bolt hole. So it was easy to put a washer & nut on the thread & tighten it up (I needed multigrip to hold one of them)
One day , when the car is wrecked, I hope the wrecker looks at it & wonders how anyone put a bolt so far down inside the chassis rail.

camo85

Post by camo85 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm

thanks for all the solutions i've fixed using plate with some spot welded nuts.

Return to “Trouble Shooting”