Remote central locking - weirdness

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
SUBYDAZZ

Remote central locking - weirdness

Post by SUBYDAZZ » Fri May 18, 2012 7:03 pm

OK, so I've been having some weirdness happen with my remote central locking in my MY07 Liberty.

The last couple of weeks it's been playing up and sometimes I have to press the buttons a few times, or unlock and then lock etc before it works, so I figured that when it stopped working altogether I should just change the battery in the remote and all would be OK - it wasn't. Changed the battery (CR2016) and it still didn't work. So then I checked the voltage of the remote's new battery (been sitting around in a packet for what could be years) and the one I replaced and both seemed to be fine (the old one a little under 3V, the new one a little over). Checked the battery voltage in the car and it was OK. Still not working.

So then I tried to test my second remote which I don't normally use because the buttons get stuck in and the battery goes flat pretty quick, so I put a new battery in the second remote and it didn't work either. But now the 1st remote is working fine, but the second one isn't at all. Previously not a problem and both work when they have batteries in them.

What's going on here? Very frustrating.
SUBYDAZZ

D3V1L

Post by D3V1L » Fri May 18, 2012 7:15 pm

sounds like dicky contacts within the remote to me.

in both of them.

davo
no more subarus

[/SIZE] [/color][/B][/color][/SIZE][/color]http://community.webshots.com/user/D3V1L9

SUBYDAZZ

Post by SUBYDAZZ » Fri May 18, 2012 7:33 pm

They all look in pretty good condition to me. Just can't work out why especially the second remote doesnt work now and it's on my spare key, as in it almost never gets used, you'd assume that if one is used all the time then it'd maybe get dicky contacts. The one that is working now is working consistently, hasn't missed a beat, and I've probably tried it 20 times today now. :O
SUBYDAZZ

Return to “Trouble Shooting”