Subaru L Series 1992

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
dannymonaghan

Subaru L Series 1992

Post by dannymonaghan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello there guys, I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a Subaru L Series 1992 reg wagon for my road trip with my mate. We knew when we bought the car it would require a little work and are now starting to get to grips with whats needed and what needs done. At the moment we are putting it into the garage for a service and a new tyre the service is basic i".e oil, filter, sparks and a general look over. I've been told to take spare fan belts and radiator hoses does anyone know of any place I could pick these up relatively cheap in the Darwin area ? Also the starter motor is sort of sticking and sometimes wont start right away but works after I leave it for around an hour, I say sometimes its happened twice in 2 months.

Thanks for any info much appreciated.

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:47 pm

G'day mate,

I don't know where you'd buy those parts, but I'd be looking at doing a cam belt KIT swap - and the water pump while you're there. If you've not already done this it is worth the time and coin for piece of mind.

I'd also check out your bearings by raising a wheel and giving it a spin, if it's rumbly or wobbly best to change them now rather than once on the road.

Other than that it seems like you're all good. Make sure you've got a good head unit and speakers then enjoy the drive ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:43 am

Welcome to the forum :) And congratulations on your purchase of a mighty L Series :)
ImageImageImage
2012 Subaru Forester - 2.0D Premium ~ 2002 Subaru Forester - Limited (Lifted)

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:08 pm

G'day Danny, congrats on getting an L...and its red! :cool:

I'd replace the belts & hoses & keep the old ones as spares.

+1 to checking the bearings, I just had my rear ones let go on the freeway in traffic & it wasnt fun! :(

What's the starter motor doing? Wont turn over? Clicking sound? Check the electrical connections are clean & tight. If clicking a weak battery can do this too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

1983wagon

Post by 1983wagon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:27 pm

^^^ I'm not sure if he meant RED or REGistered. Lol :)

Congrats on the buy :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Trouble Shooting”