Carby

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
Trikemanpilch

Carby

Post by Trikemanpilch » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Hope I'm in the right place here.

I'm putting an EA82 carby model engine into my trike and I am deleting all the pollution gear off the engine. Can anyone tell me what hoses do I need to leave on the carby besides the fuel line, the fuel return line and the dizzy vacuume hose.
I prefer to use the existing carby but if for any reason someone knows why I should'nt please say so.
Thanks

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:16 pm

If you PM TOONGA, he might put you on to the Workshop Manual for that engine, which may show you what all the hoses do and go.

Personally, I'd ditch the old carby and go for a weber, as these are much easier to tune and have very little pollution hoses but.. here's the bonus.. you get better fuel and power from the weber :)
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Trikemanpilch

Carby

Post by Trikemanpilch » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 am

Trikemanpilch wrote:Hope I'm in the right place here.

I'm putting an EA82 carby model engine into my trike and I am deleting all the pollution gear off the engine. Can anyone tell me what hoses do I need to leave on the carby besides the fuel line, the fuel return line and the dizzy vacuume hose.
I prefer to use the existing carby but if for any reason someone knows why I should'nt please say so.
Thanks
Thanks Bloke I took the gamble and riped all the hoses off and capped them all and she still runs so all's good I hope.
Yes seriously thinking of a webber down the road a bit when the wallet gets a bit thicker.

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:08 am

Did you get any increase in performance?
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Trouble Shooting”