Coolant flush?

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
Nobby

Coolant flush?

Post by Nobby » Fri May 02, 2014 8:26 am

Hi all, I have a 1991 Liberty 2.2 and I have just redone the head gaskets.My question is what do you think about flushing out the cooling system?The car was running just water when we brought it and I am thinking it would be good to give it a good clean out before I put fresh coolant in.
Has anyone had a good result with a chemical coolant flush,or is that a bad idea?
I have already flushed the system 2-3 times with just water and it is running clean at the moment, but I would like to know that all the rust and junk is out of it just to be sure.

Cheers Robby.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri May 02, 2014 12:01 pm

I have had good results with Nulons cleaner, cleaned things a little bit too good, but, I guess it was gonna happen one day at a worse convenient moment ! Used it a few times on other cars non turbo and their turbos did not spring internal leak, just cleaned a lot of gunk internally

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:00 am

I also recommend the Nulon Radiator Flush but really recommend buying a new radiator off ebay and fit that after you have done the flush.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Nobby

Post by Nobby » Tue May 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks for the replies,but why would you replace the radiator after the flush RSR 555?

Return to “Trouble Shooting”