window help!!

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
suba_dooba

window help!!

Post by suba_dooba » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:35 pm

just recently i wound my window down and for some reason its stuck all the way down and wont wind back up. the winder is jammed or something. ive taken all the panelling off the door but i cant really find anything i can do to it.
window for subaru L series and is the drivers side door

cheers
1991 Subaru L series enduro wagon--3" lift, kings, gabriels front with kybs back (no longer kybs back due to strut plates breaking at wedge), cb, .... Future mods are a pipedream at the moment due to money issues.

I really should start thinking of making a picture for my sig

SuBaRiNo

Post by SuBaRiNo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:12 pm

Electric or manual window winder??

Dave
EJ conversion wiring harness cut downs available. Please PM or email (davem2000@hotmail.com) for details.

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:00 pm

yer sounds like u need a new window regulator (guessing u got manual windows to)

but the splines arent all worn out on the window winder are they?? and does it turn at all with a bit of force or nething

but if u got power windows then it culd be the same thing or it culd be that the switches have worn out and not contacting

maybe take some pics and post em up but if u can see the winder with wire all hanging around and evrything liek that then its msot likely screwed

(bring it to my work to fix it :p)
Wagon is no longer....:(

The Subaru Wacky Workshop
-All About the WA Boys :D

julian

Post by julian » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Dumb question but have you checked fuses? Not sure how many there would be, but if it only affecting 1 window and there is 1 fuse please ignore me.
Julian

2004 Outback H6
2004 Forester XS

Organ donation saves lives

suba_dooba

Post by suba_dooba » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:00 pm

there not electric. its the manual winder and that is jammed or something. the splines are all good
1991 Subaru L series enduro wagon--3" lift, kings, gabriels front with kybs back (no longer kybs back due to strut plates breaking at wedge), cb, .... Future mods are a pipedream at the moment due to money issues.

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:06 pm

yer the regulator sounds screwed then

happens prett often as cars get older

suba_dooba

Post by suba_dooba » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:46 pm

how do i fix it?

Matatak

Post by Matatak » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:48 pm

get a new one
they are usually held in by like 3 nuts or somthing on the frames running inside the doors behind the panels.

it attaches one side where the window winder will stick on and the other around the glass area i think they kinda look like a slanted item running up the door with some wire in them for when ur winding

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:10 am

Not sure if this will help but I have a set of touring wagon doors...they are rusty so you wouldn't want them whole. But you might want the window mechanisms - full electric ones in good working condition.
Either that or maybe the part that has failed in your door is common between both electric windows and manual, might be able to just swap that over.
Anyways these doors are sitting in my shed and going cheap!

Return to “Trouble Shooting”