Miss at idle, ea81 with holley 180 (webber lookalike)

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
Bobbrumby

Miss at idle, ea81 with holley 180 (webber lookalike)

Post by Bobbrumby » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:55 am

When my idle was set about 900 rpm with my holley it missed occasionally untill i set the idle to 1050 rpm. I have changed front fuel filter, disty cap and rotor, put in and taken out an external fuel return fitting, air filter and spark plugs gapped to 1mm or 0.9mm but i think the first value. this carb has no choke but still does it when fully warmed up. When the carb went on about 10,000 km ago it didnot have any play in either if the throttle shafts. It seems to run well when not at idle but as i have never driven another ea81 i have nothing to gauge it on.

Next on the list is ignition leads and rear fuel filter, which one should be done first? Btw: it hardly ever misses at the higher idle speed but still runs kindoff rough, making the ariel wobble a fair bit and you can feel it in the car. With all the time i spend sitting at traffic light in brisbane i wont the lowest idle i can get. I currently get 350-370 km per tank in this brumby. And on a side note what it a safe rpm to rev these ea81 out to?

Fang

Post by Fang » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:59 pm

Have you looked at your pimary idle jet? Check out the size - or if its blocked in some way. The idle jets sit in the side of the carbuterror (either side).

Return to “Trouble Shooting”