More L problems

Having issues with your ride ? Ask away in here ...
johnarentz

More L problems

Post by johnarentz » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:36 pm

I have L wagons coming out of my backside at the moment and only one of them is healthy.

One has stuffed compression rings on one piston, the other dud runs fine but is showing a bit of emulsion around the oil filler and the coolant has gone milky green. It doesn't bubble at all and the compression is pretty well spot on in all cylinders.

Something is obviously not right. Do ea82's have the welch plugs in the head?

:)

mattl200

Post by mattl200 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:22 pm

i had coolant on my oil filter when my waterpump seal went but milky green coolant sounds like oils getting in the water system somehow

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:29 pm

Hey Johnarentz,

I dunno if there are any welsh plugs in EA82 heads, but i'll have a look for you at the next chance i have, as i've got a set kickn around in the shed. I don't see how oil would be getting in the coolant, unless you've got a cracked head between the water/oil jackets, an old 'o' ring that needs replacing or an oddly blown head gasket (blown between jackets, not jacket to cylinder...).

With a blown head gasket into the cylinder, you maynot get any bubbles showing from the radiator, but that said, once the engine is allowed to cool down and air in the cylinder shirinks, it can suck water into the cylinder. I don't know if this won't show up in the oil, my experience has been that it usully will show up in the oil.

Hope this helps.

El Freddo

Return to “Trouble Shooting”