Brumby Snorkel

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
GOD

Post by GOD » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:36 pm

taza wrote:Who knows, if you went with one like so it wouldn't need to be modified.
You could rotate it slightly so it fits the A-pillar better.
If a Brumby is anything like an L Series (and I think it is), you won't be able to go inside the guard there as the strut tower and its supporting structure are in the way. The snorkel has to run outside the guard then turn in forward of the wheel arch.

Also, snorkels that go inside the guard around there require one more join, which is one more thing to seal and one more thing to complicate the installation.

A couple of guys on offroadsubarus have plastic snorkels adapted onto Foresters. Have you looked into what they did?

Dane.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1993 EA82/EJ18/EJ22/EJ22/EJ20/EJ22 L Series perpetual project

B00sting

Post by B00sting » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:28 am

I have a safari snorkel off a 84-88 hilux. it looks like it will work, the problem is the top neck really needs to be extended about 5-10cm, otherwise its below the roofline...!

i dont want to install it until i can find out if a plastic welder/modifier can even do this?

the thing is its not round, its a weird shape so i cant just put an extension on myself without it looking crap.

i dont like the ebay ones, the tjm ones are dodgy, i figured may as well go with safari as i know they stand the test of time and are good.
Brumby 1992: EA81, 15" peugot steelies, 2" ********* body lift, tonneau cover, bullbar, GME UHF, ARB compressor, ********* rear diff protector, SOLD

-97 Landcruiser :D

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 pm

B00sting wrote:I have a safari snorkel off a 84-88 hilux. it looks like it will work, the problem is the top neck really needs to be extended about 5-10cm, otherwise its below the roofline...!
Nothing wrong with being level with the roof line IMO. For me it'll still allow me to use my roof for it's full carrying capacity rather than have a snorkel top in the way of important (to me) air space. I don't want it interfering with my rooftop camper...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:39 pm

NH-NK-NJ Paj snorkel looks like it would work - I lined up the one I put on Ruby Scoo before fitment and I reckon it'd work. BUT - the support arm that extends forward of the strut tower under the guard would need a trim for the inner guard plumbing.

And for the record I ended up with a safari snorkel that was given to me - looks the goods!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”