Brumby Wiring Colour for high and low 4wd switchs

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
Matt
General Member

Brumby Wiring Colour for high and low 4wd switchs

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:17 pm

I am chasing the Brumby Wiring colour code for high and low 4wd switches where they plug into the dash cluster because after my 5 speed conversion I have high/low round the wrong way. (4 speed gearbox switch is for high and 5 speed gearbox switch is for low) And my gregories doesn't have the colours in it for the gearbox.

Thanks
Matt
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

rtcb65
General Member

Post by rtcb65 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:29 pm

Well bugger me, i just looked in mine and it dont have it either, it has it for the L's , but not the M.Y.'s. Just make sure the colors are from a 83 on. We have found that for some reason , between 82 and 83, the wiring changed. E.g, the ignition wire in the 82 was black and red, in the 83 it was black and white.(. by the way, the colors i just used were for example only)
rtcb65
------------------
Redneck Rick.

1997 Gen 3 outback. GT forester wheels . Hopefully more changes to come. Proud Supporter And User of -----------C R O S S B R E D --- P E R F O R M A N C E ---- Products

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

phillatdarwin

Post by phillatdarwin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:45 pm

i have it in pdf send me a Pm and i will email it to u if u want it .

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:33 pm

Car side wiring

MV Brumby 84
Reverse wires, green with white trace and green with white trace line no typo

Lo dash lite, blue with red trace line

Earth is the black wire

from my old notes, left out the hi 4WD wire ...

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:36 pm

4x wires on the MY car side, 6 x wires comin' out of my L Series 5 speed 4WD d/r box

REV switch on LHS of box
4WD dash lite switch is at the back on the top of the box
Low 4WD light switch is on RHS of box

The 4WD dash light swittch of the MY MV Brumby is at the base of the 4WD select lever, extend this to the new loom connections

Matt
General Member

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks Everyone i need the "blue with red trace line" and the red with a blue for the low. And Philatdarwin i already have a online copy but thanks anyway.
"Bianca"
'86 Brumby - Dual Port Heads, 5 Speed Dual Range, Custom Cam, Tuned Weber, Tuned Suspension, 2" Body Lift Kit, LSD, 14" rims, 2.25" Exhaust, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, DVD Player, UHF, VHF, etc. Offically now part of the 350, 000 km Club! :) And still pulling like a freight train.

"Claudia"
82 MY Wagon - EA81T, RS Liberty WIAC, 5 Speed Dual Range, Tuned Suspension, 14" Rims 27" Tyres, 2" Body Lift Kit, Apline Head unit, UHF, Roof Console, L Series seats, Soon to have New Paint, snorkel, Dual batteries, etc

Ethi69

5speed mt hi/low switches to brumby instrument cluster

Post by Ethi69 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:17 pm

Matt wrote:Thanks Everyone i need the "blue with red trace line" and the red with a blue for the low. And Philatdarwin i already have a online copy but thanks anyway.
Hi Matt, this is an old thread but I've got the same drama. Did you ever end up figuring out where to take all the wires for the reverse, 4wd and high/low switches on the tranny to the instrument cluster? I've got two plugs connected at the moment-
Reverse- green/yellow and green/white (reverse lamps come on when gear selected)

4wd warning lamp- red/blue and black (low is displayed on dash when engaging either high or low gears, doesn't seem correct)

Hi/low warning light- light green and black ( this plug I don't have going anywhere as of yet which is what I'd like to find out)

Or if anyone can give me an idea or if these 3 plugs will even work at all then that'd be pretty sweet. I've spent hours trying to look this up so really I should of asked this in the beginning. Cheers
Kind regards Ethi... Sent from iThrash

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”