Reverse light

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
choinka

Reverse light

Post by choinka » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:30 pm

What's the best way to wire up the reverse light switch when changing boxes from 3spd auto to the 5sp d/r box. Need advice.

Thanks

Richard

midnight

Post by midnight » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:58 pm

What do you mean....Like hook them up so that they come on when you put it into reverse?
Shouldnt there be a wire coming from the box to tell the car when its in reverse......?
If you havent already taken the auto out, have a look to find some wires there.....Maybe I should go look at the manual.
Be right back.
Ok the manual doenst tell you (or if it does I cant find it)

choinka

Post by choinka » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:56 pm

I have a feeling that for the auto, the reverse light comes on when you shift it to reverse on the stick. So it's not actually on the box, it's on the console. But with the manual box, the switch is on the box itself. The thing is, do I wire it from the console, or is there something on the box. If I wire it from the console, what is the best way. Any ideas ?

Richard

legacytt

Reverse

Post by legacytt » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:37 pm

You need to locate the reverse wires in the plug for the Auto shifter and link these to the switch in the manual GB for reverse. To find the wires plug the shiftger back in and check for polarity when in the Reverse position. You may have to provide a 12v source, although this may be allready in the Auto wires, can't remember for sure. Check with a multi metre.
Gen 1 Legacy GT 3inch lift and 28's

midnight

Post by midnight » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:54 pm

Yeah thats sorta what I meant

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”