First gear noise in RX 5 speed box..

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
Morrie

First gear noise in RX 5 speed box..

Post by Morrie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:21 am

Hi i just finished putting an Ea82 and RX 5 speed into my brumby, i took it for it's first for a drive tonight and first gear is hell loud.

The best way to describe it is when your watching the V8 supercars on tv from inside the car, that straight cut gear noise, pretty much exactly the same.

No noise in any other gear, i don't know the history of the box and the guy i bought it of stipped the RX as soon as he got it but did say the car had been pretty thrashed..

I do remember a mates RX had similar noise but i only went in his when it was in 4wd. don't think it was quite as loud..

Rooted first gear? Do you have to run different oil if it is LSD?

Also it pulls pretty straight off the start with a bit of throttle, almost has an awd feel, do they have a LSD? I cant find any info on these boxes and pretty sure someone on here will know a bit..

I'll put some pics of this latest mod to my brumby in my Red Barron thread..

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:01 am

I was so peed off with my same conversion after a 17 hour marathon finishing at 4am to hear same - but then I was tired and near cranky tired and had not completed the job by fitting the rubber boots and sound muffle stuff - that was the problem - getting all the noise transfer up through the stick hole :D

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”