need a new clutch

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
insert name here

need a new clutch

Post by insert name here » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Hey, brand noob here, i have a 1994 gen2 liberty front wheel drive with an ej22, driving along and the clutch started slipping like a coles fall fraud. i don't know a lot about mechanics as im only learning. so question is what could i put in it? don't want to spend money on getting the wrong thing.

cheers Dan

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:27 pm

genuine has been the best price I have seen for some of the AWD clutches of this era - compare ....contact FROG member in here for a price for genuine delivered

insert name here

Post by insert name here » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 pm

cheers man

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Are you sure it's a 2wd - I thought they would have all been phased out by '94. I would say it's an AWD (all wheel drive).

FROG will probably ask for your VIN, offer it anyway and ask if it's an AWD, he'll be able to tell you from the VIN on his system!

All the best with it, getting the part will be easy, getting the part in is the difficult bit, especially when you're learning if on your own!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

AlpineRaven

Post by AlpineRaven » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 pm

El_Freddo wrote:Are you sure it's a 2wd - I thought they would have all been phased out by '94. I would say it's an AWD (all wheel drive).

FROG will probably ask for your VIN, offer it anyway and ask if it's an AWD, he'll be able to tell you from the VIN on his system!

All the best with it, getting the part will be easy, getting the part in is the difficult bit, especially when you're learning if on your own!

Cheers

Bennie
I think 1997 was the last series of FWD in Liberty. I could be wrong tho. If its AWD it would have rear diff - easy way of knowing its AWD.
You could always go aftermarket which is slightly cheaper than genuine, go for well known brand not a brand name that you 'never heard of'
Cheers
AP
Subarus that I have/had:
1995 Liberty "Rallye" - 5MT AWD, LSD - *written off 25/8/06 in towing accident.
1996 Liberty Wagon - SkiFX AWD 5MT D/R, Lifted.. Outback Sway Bar, 1.59:1 Low Gearing see thread: 1.59:1 in EJ Box Page
Sold at 385,000kms in July 2011.
2007 Liberty BP Wagon, 2.5i automatic

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi and Welcome Dan :cool:

1994 could be either Front Wheel Drive or All Wheel Drive but from memory these use the same clutch kit anyway.

Contact Andy (Frog) with your VIN and you're sure to get the exact one that Subaru fitted to your car.
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”