clutch kit for an l series rs turbo

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
gazcull

clutch kit for an l series rs turbo

Post by gazcull » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:20 pm

hi need help , gonna replace the clutch in my l series fitted with a rs turbo engine , the gearbox and the clutch set up is normal l series so i just need a tougher l series clutch plate ( i think) im based in perth so any info on where to get one or any info would be very helpful , cheers

M0rpH

Post by M0rpH » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:30 pm

If you have an rs turbo engine and l series trans you would be looking for a rs turbo clutch i reckon.

Since you are in w.a. i would shoot paul from rsr performance a pm or perhaps just get him to do it this time round and learn a few things for next time round.
91 Leone wagon, body and suspension lift. Currently collecting parts for rebuild.
Currently rebuilding EA82.

AndrewT

Post by AndrewT » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:11 pm

You'd probably already have an uprated pressure plate (uprated clamping pressure), probably just leave that in place and replace with clutch plate itself with another standard L series one if it's slipping.

M0rpH

Post by M0rpH » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:57 pm

Hmm.

I thought by upgrading to an ej engine you used an ej clutch, even if mated to a L series trans.

Do i have more reading to do?
91 Leone wagon, body and suspension lift. Currently collecting parts for rebuild.
Currently rebuilding EA82.

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”