Ea82t heads on carb motor

Get the most out of your Engine / Gearbox with these handy hints ...
pzs

Ea82t heads on carb motor

Post by pzs » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:08 pm

Anyone fitted twin port injector heads on carb block and then modify the injectors turbo intake to take a webber, I have a turbo motor but I am thinking I want to keep the carb as more reliable.....no electronics. And what is the opinion of performance over standard engine with webber. Turbo cams same as carb cams?

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 am

Carburettor more reliable?

I cant see why not, it would give you an increase in flow capacity. Stick with the carb cams though, turbo cams reduce the exhaust scavenging, which will hurt performance.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

pzs

Post by pzs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:48 am

I should be more clear....I will not be using the turbo or the engine I will swap over the heads and manifold onto a carb engine and do away with the turbo all together. Hence my thinking more reliable with carb (no turbo)

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:13 am

might be a clearance issue of a Hitachi sittin' on the mpfi inlet, unless you shove a lift kit in ??? Not sure where the exhaust scavenging comes into play of the turbo cams. I run turbo cams, turbo heads and mpfi inlet manifold on a carb block and slugs. Really is relucatant to lose traction on take off even in the wet which is a good thing. Foot to floor and it really boogies and is a fair bit stronger when towing compared to my EA81's I have had over the years. No turbo no more ? Where is the fun in that ?

pzs

Post by pzs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi Steptoe. In answer to your question "No Turbo anymore?"
It really is a matter of isolation, I do need to keep things simple out here. I was going to swap over harnesses and such for turbo, but when it comes down to it, I need simple equipment to see me home, It is a long way from any where when you travel in central aus. I have drown a forrester a number of years ago in a remote creek and even tho I pulled the plugs to get water out it started, if I had fried the electrics I would still be out there.

pzs

Post by pzs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:01 pm

I'll have a 2 inch lift with 3 inch strut spacers, with 2wd rear shocks, 1 inch front strut shaft extensions, and new springs and strut mounts. so with the 2 inch body lift I am assuming it'll take a webber, if not I will put on the bonnent from the turbo car as it has a WRX looking scoop on it for the intercooler intake.(nice big hole above the carb). I like the auto in the bush so that will also stay (with the addition of a sump guard), but have a additional auto cooler with fan, I'll do away with the engine fan and run an addition elct fan.

Return to “Engine, Gearbox and Diff”