Aux reversing lights on Ag-Quip Brumby

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
MUDRAT

Post by MUDRAT » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:58 am

Righteo, I'm thinking those dimensions are for the firetube? How do the superheaters work on such a small boiler? I've never seen a firetube boiler with superheaters before! I can't work it out in my head.
Monster Subaru sold to a good home!! Still a Subaru owner. Will try stay in the Ausubaru loop. Sorry :cool:

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:01 am

...and moving right along

I do not have the rear step so the rectangular plates screwed in next to number plate make way for a SUPER CRAP $20 pair of lights that just sit in nice. Actually only one on right side .

55W and wired straight in to circuit, BIG BUT, have always intended to just hook up a relay or two so will only switch on with lights on.

Never attracted any unwanted or otherwise attention.

But when first installed they guy directly across from the garage did instal a metal roll down security shutter on his bedroom window ?1?

Bobbrumby

Post by Bobbrumby » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:04 am

I didnot bother reading all the posts before mine, so i dont know if it been answered, but I can draw you up a diagram that will turn the light on when in reverse and push button but as soon as you take it out of reverse then put it back in you need to push the button again (i think thats what ypu wanted). Hey I knew motor theory at tafe would help me do something :) .

BaronVonChickenPants
General Member

Post by BaronVonChickenPants » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:11 am

The only way I can figure it is be using 2 relays, correct?

Jordan.
To become old and wise, first you must survive being young and dumb.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:17 am

That was my plan. The first relay to power the light and latch cck and the second to power relay 1 to break the latch cck.

I sketched it with one, then thought I was being smart with the latch, until I thought about what happens when the reverse switch goes open .. :) oops.

Bobbrumby

Post by Bobbrumby » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:00 am

http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/photos/sh ... 50&cat=500

You need a relay with 2 normally closed contacts so barron you were on the right track. The thing in the box is the relay. This switch used has to be a push button e.g. no toggle. I powered the hold in contact with the reverse wire so when you pull it out the relay drops out untill the next time you push the button when in reverse. Also you should put a fuse on the 12v feed before relay, near battery, just to be safe. Got any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:24 pm

....Or you could use a single relay with two contacts :)

I was working on the premise of single pole relays as I have not come across double poles in automotive. True, I have not exactally been been looking for a solution, I have just come across heaps of the little black hella jobbies.

But you are right, a much neater, more elegant solution.

Where did you get the dash insert to replace the MY POS with a standard DIN head unit ?

I have tracked down a Euro? lower center console which has the ash tray on the lower level, this way I can just file things without having the gaping hole the ash tray would have left . But I like the lower shelf and would prefer to keep it. I also have a feeling things will be very tight for space behind the head unit. atleast, it was in my previous Ute.

Bobbrumby

Post by Bobbrumby » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:11 pm

went to a sterio shop after doing the prep work, they covered a piece of mdf for $70. Bit peeved as they where ment to refit the console after the brackets where bent by a screwdriverless thief.

also i can do u up another diagram using 2 single pole relays, if you cant find a 2 pole one.

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”