Passenger side rear lights

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Skybeau

Passenger side rear lights

Post by Skybeau » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Yesterday my passenger side rear brake light and indicator stopped working. Tail light is fine, drivers side all good, front passenger side indicators ok. However the passenger side front indicators now flash much faster than drivers side. All bulbs ok. Indicator does not work when hazards on.

Anyone have any ideas before I spend a fortune on an auto electrician? (1991 Liberty)

sven '2'
General Member

Post by sven '2' » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Skybeau wrote:Yesterday my passenger side rear brake light and indicator stopped working. Tail light is fine, drivers side all good, front passenger side indicators ok. However the passenger side front indicators now flash much faster than drivers side. All bulbs ok. Indicator does not work when hazards on.

Anyone have any ideas before I spend a fortune on an auto electrician? (1991 Liberty)
1. Indicator 'cannister' - is the relay under the dash that makes the clicking sound - $15 from SuperChump
2. Bad earth off the lights
3. Bung globes - unless tested they actually light up
73 Yamaha DT3 250

08 Ford BF wagon - LPG FTMFW

14 Toyota Kluger - goodness!

fredsub

Post by fredsub » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:03 pm

had this exact problem some weeks back in OBW.
Found some plug under the dash worked loose, one of those long rectangular
ones that are difficult to get to.
I had fiddled with them earlier in the year, and didn't quite fit their support back properly hence worked loose. For a while it was intermittent too.

whenever even just one indicator light is disconnected or blown, the indicator will do that tell-tale faster flash rate

good luck

phantomD

Post by phantomD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:19 am

Had something similar recently with the front drivers indicator flashing at light speed, it was caused by corrosion in the connector behind the light.

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”