How to connect my DCCD??

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
guyph_01

How to connect my DCCD??

Post by guyph_01 » Fri May 25, 2012 10:31 am

Hi,

It took me a while but i finally got the a dccd in my box and ready to wire it up.
Only thing i can't figure out is, For the dccd-pro controller, the manual says that the black and green wire go to the dccd box but on the dccd box i have both wires that come out are black. How to i know which wire goes to which?
Does it mater?

Thx
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Fri May 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Its just a magnetic coil so I doubt it matters
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

H-top

Post by H-top » Sat May 26, 2012 8:03 pm

it really matters, ive been told be an importer that a guy put a DCCD box in a car and got the polarity wrong, it locked at 100kmh, shattering everything.

i had the whole gearbox loom for mine....... wiring diagram for the car? im not sure if all 5spd DCCD's are the same with wiring
H-Top

rolling in

MY00 GT Foz - Auto, Turbo, Luxury

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Sat May 26, 2012 10:52 pm

How would it matter what speed the car is doing? At any speed, as long as the fronts are turning the same speed as the rear, so if it engaged, nothing would happen.
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sat May 26, 2012 11:46 pm

H-top wrote:it really matters, ive been told be an importer that a guy put a DCCD box in a car and got the polarity wrong, it locked at 100kmh, shattering everything.

i had the whole gearbox loom for mine....... wiring diagram for the car? im not sure if all 5spd DCCD's are the same with wiring
Yeah I call BS on this - if it happened to you first hand I may take some notice of it but "an importer told me of a guy........" :rolleyes:

It is just an on/off magnetic coil - it shouldn't care which way the current is travelling.

Disclaimer : Guy if you wire it up wrong and it does blow up don't blame me ;-)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RSR 555
Elder Member

Post by RSR 555 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Gannon wrote:How would it matter what speed the car is doing? At any speed, as long as the fronts are turning the same speed as the rear, so if it engaged, nothing would happen.
Very true unless the so called guy was an idiot and didn't have the correct ratio rear diff to match.. then he deserves to have it blow it up :D
You know you are getting old when the candles on your birthday cake start to cost more than the cake itself.

RSR Performance
Home of the 'MURTAYA' in Oz
Subaru Impreza WRX based Sportscar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disclaimer: Not my website but hyperlink here to Subaru workshop manuals

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”