find interior light wire of brumby ?

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Nubaru

find interior light wire of brumby ?

Post by Nubaru » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:30 pm

hi, i'd like to find the simplest source of door lights power souce to add some footwell lighting. There is the back of the light switch not so easy to get to, then there is the light itself in the back of the roof.

does anyone know of an easy to get at wire to latch on to?

think at same time i need a lights off after so many minutes device - say from jaycar ....

t.i.a.

EDIT - so i don't give the wrong idea, the intention is to get footwell lighting with door open light in roof. If I were to tap off the park light circuit - that would give me footwell lighting only when light switch is on - giving off nuisance lights while driving.
I think I can expect to find desired wire behind interior trim side of front windscreen
member since 10january2014 #6191

Gannon

Post by Gannon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Usually the cigarette lighter is illuminated and is pretty easy to get to
Current rides: 2016 Mitsubishi Triton GLS & 2004 Forester X
Ongoing Project/Toy: 1987 RX Turbo EA82T, Speeduino ECU, Coil-pack ignition, 440cc Injectors, KONI adjustale front struts, Hybrid L Series/ Liberty AWD 5sp
Past rides: 92 L series turbo converted wagon, 83 Leone GL Sedan, 2004 Liberty GT Sedan & 2001 Outback
------------------------------------------

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Gees, down behind the right kick panel, wires disappear into the hollows - think I found the wire you are after in there - made up an ignition key illuminator with a tiny bulb and green cover - both fall out over time. An upgrade would be a dirty fat 10mm LED :)
The wires are under that cover to the side, think black and black/white trace ?

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”