AC compressor problem

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Dann

AC compressor problem

Post by Dann » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:00 pm

hey guys

i hope someone can help me,i have a 92 L with EA82 engine in it.
Ok this is my problem the ac clutch's bearing is going out, it makes a really rough noise wen running with ac off wen as soon as i engage ac it goes away, also i have tested this by taking the belts off and spinning it alone and it is this.
i would like to keep the ac, so if anyone could lead me in a direction of either fixing it myself or a place around Perth to send to?

cheers
Dann
Attachments
DSC03409.jpg
DSC03409.jpg (104.54 KiB) Viewed 1505 times
DSC03408.jpg
DSC03408.jpg (99.28 KiB) Viewed 1509 times

SUBYDAZZ

Post by SUBYDAZZ » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:04 pm

Any auto air-conditioning will be able to help you out, but I'd imagine you are going to be in need of a reconditioned or good second hand compressor.
SUBYDAZZ

Alex
Elder Member

Post by Alex » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:09 pm

would be expensive to fix. Try find a second hand jobby. You will have to get it re-gassed tho.

i MIGHT have a spare 82 a/c compressor at home. i'll have a look
my07 Outback
my13 Hyundai i45(shhhh)
my02 Gen3 Liberty limited ed.

previously
L-series wagon, LSD, EJ20turbo, 29in tyres, 'wanky wagon'
2000 gen3 outback, lifted, otherwise stock.

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm

sometimes not so expensive to fit new bearings by AC place, was pleasantly surprised by one job a few years ago.

Does not hurt to ask and weigh up options

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Dammm, I feel bad that it is now causing you problems. When did it start?
Well try to ask the guy you got the air con re-gassed, he seems to be a cool guy and very reasonable on the price.
You could go second hand again but you know by now that you never know how long its gonna last. And that one that you have in your car was the best buy far when you were on the hunt for them.
I'd try to ask that guy and see what he recommends.
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

guyph_01

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Ohhhh, The first post was on the 2nd june, Lol, Everyone replies to the post only now.
You've fixed that problem with the comp you got from me since, right? Is it all good now?
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

greywarden

Post by greywarden » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm

guyph_01 wrote:Ohhhh, The first post was on the 2nd june, Lol, Everyone replies to the post only now.
You've fixed that problem with the comp you got from me since, right? Is it all good now?
now i am the one having some sort of problems with my subaru ac compressor. looks like you have a point guys in buying a second hand comp. that will save me a lot of money buying second hand but there will be no assurance how long will it last. still buying new ac comp will be the most practical move i can do then have it installed myself. anyway do we have any known/trusted brand for Subaru ac compressor? sorry for digging this one.
:)

pitrack_1

A/C compressors

Post by pitrack_1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Greywarden,

not sure what model you got but have a look at what was posted in another thread, esp if you have an older model.

See http://ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20523

Tall to an aircon professional. Compressed gas is not something to tangle with. No problem bolting on/off the compressor yourself once the system is depressurised (e.g it's blown a hose). But the system will need to be cleaned, leak tested under pressure, the correct compressor/gas/oil combo used, etc. A wrong installation would be BAD...hence talk to a professional.

You'll need a good reconditioned compressor or a new one. Or perhaps your one rebuilt if still OK (not seized/internally damaged). You don't need exactly the same as long as it meets the appropriate specs and can be fitted. I've had a brand new (different) compressor fitted to an old N13 pulsar as they didn't make the old type anymore. It required some gas connection adaptors, electrical connectors and perhaps a pulley but that's about it.
Patrick
Ex- 2010 Forester Diesel

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”