Having no electrical power, whatsoever?

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
2nd Hand Yank

Having no electrical power, whatsoever?

Post by 2nd Hand Yank » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:39 am

Hi

I recently replaced the battery I just bought in April 2012 as after a week or so of not driving, it didn't have enough power to start the engine and even jumping it wouldn't revive the battery. I bought a new battery in March 2013 and ended up driving it successfully from Newcastle to Brisbane. I was too busy to run the engine again, mostly thinking I will drive it in the daylight so I don't need to run the headlights... but it was always dark when I was not working. This battery that I just bought in March is also dead. Completely. Not even enough volts to power the volt meter at Supercheap Auto. So I have bought another battery, hoping to at least start the engine because it hasn't run in 5-6 weeks. Only this time I don't even have enough power to turn on my radio, or run my engine immobilizer. I think the first time I connected the new battery there was a very brief spark, but maybe not, and since then even connecting a brand new battery with 540 CCA doesn't cause a spark, or anything else to happen electrically. I would like to get the electrical system working, maybe my spotlights, replace an axel and get this car registered in QLD so I can sell it for a fair price. I found there is a place willing to do an engineer's certificate for about $300. Not bad and that would let me advertise it's engineer approved lift and bigger tyres. :)

I need help. Badly.

Thanks guys.

niterida
General Member

Post by niterida » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 am

First thing to check would be the ground cable from the battery to the chassis.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Check your fusible links!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Did it just to drag you back into regular forum participation :)
You moved again !

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”