Fiori park lights nighmare!!! help

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
guyph_01

Fiori park lights nighmare!!! help

Post by guyph_01 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi guys,

I'm having issues with this second fiori i'm trying to get back on the road.
When i turn the park light on, i hear a buzz and no, Front or rear park lights go on, neither does the dash lights or rear number plate lights turn on.
If i don't turn the park light on and turn the roof light on, I get the same buzzing.

I've replaced relays, the indication stalk multiple times and nothing! So now i think there might be an issue in the wiring...

Anyone have a wiring for the second series, 1992 model? Jules!!!! help.... :)
Thx
The project, EJ22 --->>> EJ25 Quad CAM:D touring wagon
Thinking of going on holidays on a little paradise island, Check out http://www.dodolidays.com

Bantum
General Member

Check list ...

Post by Bantum » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 pm

It would appear to be a process of elimination to find the culprit by checking the following :
  • All globes are working,
  • Fuses intact / correctly rated,
  • Relays function like it should,
  • Switches in good order,
  • Wiring in good condition ie: not shorted / corroded ...
That's about all I can offer - Happy hunting ... :)

Cheers, Bantum ...

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 am

What if you do same with ignition on or engine ( :D if that is what you call it :D ) running ??

A lights on reminder buzzing away to avoid flat battery perhaps? After market fitment ?

TOONGA
Elder Member

Post by TOONGA » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:21 am

Guy I have searched before for an FSM for the fiori only to find that they are a very well guarded secret, as are parts sorry I found nothing on CV's as well.

The only thing I can think of is contacting subaru or a gregorys manual.

TOONGA
PJ Gone but not forgotten
JETCAR AKA the sandwedge Rusted in pieces

Subydoug

Post by Subydoug » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:30 pm

If the relay is buzzing Id say you have a corroded, or crappy connection somewhere. Get a can of crc and some steel wool. The relay is buzzing because as the current comes into the relay to pull it shut, the voltage is dropping. The voltage is dropping because somewhere in the circuit is something with really high resistance and Ohms law takes over. The voltage drops so low that the relay throws back out. When that happens the voltage goes back up because the current goes away, so the relay tries to pull in again. It Does this over and over, hence the buzzing. Check the connections going to the relay, specifically the wires that come from the switch, to the relay. Chances are its actually the switch.

A quick way to test all this would be to short out the wires after the relay. All the park lights will come on. If that works short out the switch inside the cab. If the relay comes on and the lights come on its the switch.

Regards

Doug

NachaLuva
General Member

Post by NachaLuva » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Do you have a multimeter? Check the resistance across various sections of wiring esp across the controls & relays on the loom side of the connectors. My guess is you have a poor connection somewhere or possibly a wire shorting out somewhere in the loom, not the items you've replaced.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Owner SubieLiftOz, lift kits for Subarus :twisted:

'97 Forester: EJ22E; 4" Custom Body Lift; JDM STi plated LSD; 20mm WRX RSB; Snorkel; Kings

El_Freddo
Master Member

Post by El_Freddo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Check your earth points!!

And make sure you're using a good battery after that check. Does it do it with the engine running or only when the engine is not running?

Has this thing got fusible links?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
El Freddo's Pics - El_Freddo's youtube

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”