New Hi Beam lights on 90 Brumby

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
Redcattledog

New Hi Beam lights on 90 Brumby

Post by Redcattledog » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Recently bought a Brumby 1990. Great ute. While installing dual battery setup, I noticed two problems.
The inner hi beam headlights are controlled by a relay , but get powered directly from the back of the generator. A fused ( 20 amp ) wire from generator to lights.
BTW both fuses were blown and I quickly blew 15 ' s I put in as well . Should I leave as is , or take power from battery terminals.?

2 The wire to the starter motor from the ignition key which I used for the switch ( in cabin ) on the dual battery setup does not run to the fuse box as the manual states it should . Should I leave this as well . .?
Forgive me if the questions are basic , my first foray into anything hands on auto , and auto electronics .

yarney
General Member

Post by yarney » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Can't help you with electrics I'm no good at it but welcome the the forum
A pic of your Brumby would be good

Jan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] !!!Subies will go anywhere

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:59 am

earth switching is the key to these old beasts, for starters, so many things have battery power direct and earth is what goes through their respective switch.

And the inner high beam lights of twin set MY need to be perticular ones to isolate pins from everything - a sealed beam is a safer bet for starters. Mine had H4 replaceable bulbs and the back of the light allowed bridging so when low beam was on - got high beam too. The previous driver shoulda defected himself for it :p

If it ain't broke .....

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”