Auto dizzy

How to fix gremlins & general maintenance issues ...
pzs

Auto dizzy

Post by pzs » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:22 am

Are the dizzy's in a auto l series the same as the 5 speed distributors. ie advance curves?

steptoe
Master Member

Post by steptoe » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:35 am

the part numbers I have collected have not been different between auto and manual.

If it helps...had no difference other than better when I went from 3 speed auto 4WD EA82T to a manual 5 speed DR 4WD.

So, you made it home from the Melbourne pick up of the bargain EA82T wagon ?? I was just asking about you last day or so !!

pzs

Short story

Post by pzs » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:20 pm

No haven't got down to Melbourne to pick it up yet, I am going in April....far to bloody hot down there to attempt to drive a old bomb back, Central australia is only 27 and raining today, compared to Adelaide's 46 degree and Melbournes 43.

I ask the distributor question because I pick up a 1 owner touring wagon with books and a genuine 61000km on it, the local subaru dealership can confirm as they sold it new in 89 and have serviced it all of its life.

The body and exterior trim is perfect, paint is a little faded, nothing that can't be buffed out, however the interior trim is stuffed sun/heat damaged, but can't complain for $500, it drives beautifully, but it is an auto, I am thinking that this will be my "town car", and with the help of the bomb I get from Melbourne I will turn my current wagon into something "different", don't know what yet but I'll see what it morph's into.

My son has just had his nice brumby written of by a irratic driver, bought it for $500 and insurance payed out $5700 and we get to keep the wreck, all invlved no injuries, the local copper who see alot of highspeed wreck and crashes said he was lucky to be in the brumby, a very strong little ute.

Return to “Electrical, Wiring and Lighting”